TA called about 4 in a suite

Hi folks,

less than a week to go and I sail away to Bermuda. I have booked an aft suite when I saw that it now sleeps 4. I was nervous from the posts stating that there was a single sofa that did not pull out. I called my TA and she was on the phone with NCL (conference call). The rep from NCL made it clear that there is a double sized sofa bed and it would be against the law to state it slept 4 and not provide the accommodations.

So, I was comfortable. Now, I have been reading from some posters that they do not have the double sleep sofa, but now will bring in twin sleepers. Some say the sleepers are kept in the room, which now you lose tons of space and others say they remove them every morning.

Well, just today (Sunday), I get a call from my TA... thinking it was an upsell call... I ran downstairs to get the phone (my hubby answered it).

She wanted to make sure that a customer service person called me to tell me about the sleep sofas. She stated that her notes stated that I was called my NCL. I informed her that I was not. My TA made it very clear that the sleep sofas will not be left in the cabin during the day.

I am not sure what is going on... maybe they realized that these rooms really can't accommodate 4, but since they have advertised this for the season, they have to follow through... any other comments about this..

I have been with NCL and NCL only for 8 yrs...not sure what to think.

Lisa:(

There was another thread on here where the person stated that NCL brought in roll away beds. She even took a picture...so you may want to search this board for it. With the 2 roll away beds it looked like a sea of bedding.

Then another thread said that besides the roll aways...that NCL told their TA that a change over was going on where the small love seat was being changed out for a pull out bed.

Either way....I don't see how this will end up working. That small love seat even when switched out will only be a twin size because the space is so narrow. For 4 people they will still have to provide another type of bed. I guess the small table & chair will have to go...and the table with 4 chairs moved against the wall.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope it works out for you.

Hi folks,

less than a week to go and I sail away to Bermuda. I have booked an aft suite when I saw that it now sleeps 4. I was nervous from the posts stating that there was a single sofa that did not pull out. I called my TA and she was on the phone with NCL (conference call). The rep from NCL made it clear that there is a double sized sofa bed and it would be against the law to state it slept 4 and not provide the accommodations.

So, I was comfortable. Now, I have been reading from some posters that they do not have the double sleep sofa, but now will bring in twin sleepers. Some say the sleepers are kept in the room, which now you lose tons of space and others say they remove them every morning.

Well, just today (Sunday), I get a call from my TA... thinking it was an upsell call... I ran downstairs to get the phone (my hubby answered it).

She wanted to make sure that a customer service person called me to tell me about the sleep sofas. She stated that her notes stated that I was called my NCL. I informed her that I was not. My TA made it very clear that the sleep sofas will not be left in the cabin during the day.

I am not sure what is going on... maybe they realized that these rooms really can't accommodate 4, but since they have advertised this for the season, they have to follow through... any other comments about this..

Hi -

If you click on this link and scroll down a bit, you'll find some pictures of the room set-up with the twin cots/beds. DH and I were in this same suite a few weeks ago - I recognized from the wall art! We loved it for the two of us, but four could be tight with extra cots in the room. You can check out the pictures and see what the poster had to say. Good luck!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1444526

Hi folks,

Just saw picture and although crowded a bit if it enables you all the suite perks that should be the deciding factor IMHO.

When 3 of us sailed in a mini on the Dawn, (we booked late, no suites left), it was a little tight and difficult to get to the balcony and fridge, but we managed. And when I look back on my cruise I remember all the good times a lot more than being a little cozy.

I think those might be my photos! ; ) I was kinda dissappointed that they couldn't (wouldn't) remove the roll away beds each day, as that would have given us a lot of 'move-around' room ... but I will admit, one of my boys was usually still in bed at noon, so maybe that was the reason they didn't take them out each day ...

I will say again, we had a GREAT TIME, but I feel that these rooms shouldn't be advertised as a 3 or 4 person room ... they really aren't.

GREAT room steward, butler and concierge and all the suite perks, PLUS the amazing aft view and larger balcony MORE than made up for the 'sea of beds' that we had to 'endure'!!!

• 1 month later...

Bermuda lover, just wondering how you made out with 4 people in the room with the sofa bed/ cots? Did they take them out each day? and was this in a mini-suite or a regular suite?

Thanks for any info you can send me. We booked an aft mini suite on the Jewel.

After reading about this issue I called our TA since we are booked next june on the Pearl on a deck 10 Suite with 3 people. He contacted NCL and was told that the king bed was now a queen and that the love seat was a double sofa sleeper - Again this is the Pearl and while they share similar deck plans - esp with the aft suites there could still be differences.

Even with the photos from the other post it still looks doable - it would be nice if the beds were removed during the day. so that you could enjoy the couch and chairs.

The mini suites are inbetween a balcony and a suite in size.

We will enjoy the cruise no matter what :)

Archived