Dunns River Falls - Need info for walking the steps not climbing.

go titans

:) Looking to do the Dunns River Falls & Sky Lift excursion thru Carnival. Has anyone out there done this excursion?

I am concerned though because I know due to health restraints I can not actually do the climbing part in the falls. Can someone tell me how it works if you just do the walk path? :confused:

Is the drop off and pickup point at the top of the falls? Does the guide force you to walk all the way to the bottom and climb the falls or allow you to stop and then walk back up the path as you want? How easy is the walk path? Should you do it in tennis shoes or water shoes? How wet do you get from walking on the steps?

Thanks for your help!

Just did this myself, but with a private tour. The walk down and back up can be steep in a few places there are stairs, and also ramp type walkways for wheelchairs. We were not rushed. You can see a good bit without going all the way down, but you'll miss out on seeing the falls from the best angle.

The main entrance is at the top of the falls. You'd walk down, then back up to leave. You won't get wet on the walkway, and I don't recall the steps being wet either. Tennis shoes are fine.

As you start down to the falls, you'll be told to stop at a little kiosk where they organize the tours. There you'll tell them you're not climbing, and they will assign you a guide to take you around. After you get all the way down, the guide will leave you, and you can do as you please. Tipping the guide is expected, and they won't let you forget that :D:rolleyes:

Hmm wondering if we're on the same page........

Just FYI the pathway goes besides the falls, not through it. You'll be "climbing" stairs on dry ground. If you want to climb the falls proper, you'll be in the water climbing over rocks.

Ty for the info. I booked the Dunn's Falls/ sky lift excursion for Jamaica through Carnival. Get to experience this in October.

Skylift was nice. We had lunch at the restaurant at the top. Nice little restaurant with a priceless view.

Archived