What to do in Santa Barbara

Could someone tell me how far it s from where the tenders dock to El Presidio State Park? Is it walking distance, can we take the trolley/shuttle?

Thanks.

The Presidio is at the intersection of Canon Perdido St. and Santa Barbara St.

Walk from the end of the pier(Cabrillo Street) 9 blocks up State Street to Canon Perdido St., turn right, go 2 blocks to the Presidio.

The trolley picks up at the end of the pier if you want to ride. The blocks are about 500ft. long. The total walk would be about a mile one way.

Rick

The Presidio is at the intersection of Canon Perdido St. and Santa Barbara St.

Walk from the end of the pier(Cabrillo Street) 9 blocks up State Street to Canon Perdido St., turn right, go 2 blocks to the Presidio.

The trolley picks up at the end of the pier if you want to ride. The blocks are about 500ft. long. The total walk would be about a mile one way.

Rick

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

We will be in Santa Barbara this Sunday, March 25 off the Sapphire Princess. Any suggestions for lunch in the area? Thanks. So looking forward to exploring the area and hoping to visit the "Urban Wine Trail" for some tastings.

• 2 years later...

What a wonderful day with Aaron and Lindy! We used Santa Barbara Adventure Company. We booked the four hour harbor kayak because that was the best fit with our cruise port time. We came in on a Century cruise. The tender boat let us off right at the dock where we were to meet our guides. After a safety briefing and suiting up (they had plenty of extra gear to keep us dry) we were off. Saw sea lions on our way out to the beach park where our guides prepared a fresh and delicious lunch on the shore (cutting up fresh vegetables and fruit to serve with wraps and salads and cookies mmm). A harbor seal pup swam with us a bit on our way back. Fun navigation challenges in the harbor on our way out. Fun, safe, friendly welcoming and instructional guides. My 12 year old had a great time too.

A great shore excursion for independent cruise passengers. I recommend the company add some information on their website welcoming cruise passengers to confidently book excursions with them. I wasn't sure it was feasible until I called and spoke with a representative. If you have a longer time in port you might fit in a Channel Islands trip but that requires an additional cab to the beach it leaves from.