Goff's Caye?? Best Guides??

doublej

We are going to Belize in November and several in the group want to snorkle for the first time. I'm trying to decide which tour operator will be the best for Goff's Caye. Any recommendations (pros/cons) would be appreciated.

We are going to Belize in November and several in the group want to snorkle for the first time. I'm trying to decide which tour operator will be the best for Goff's Caye. Any recommendations (pros/cons) would be appreciated.

When I went to Goff's Caye in Dec. a year ago, I booked thru Carnival (I usually book independently, but had read several horror stories of folks nearly "missing the boat", after their excursions.)

With Carnival, the tour guides (I'm not sure which company Carnival contracts with, but the nice thing is they pick you up from the ship-you don't have to tender to the port 1st.) Tho I personally didn't go snorkeling, the guides looked like they did a #1 job, and gave a lot of 1:1 attention.

Enjoy Goffe's Caye!:cool:

We just returned and used this company for snorkeling in Belize.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeBeachSnorkeling.htm

The price could not be beat - $40 for 4.5 hours. We had a small group (maybe 12 total?) and they had two snorkel guides, a female "helper", and a medical guy complete with stethoscope! :) Our ride over was part of the fun - had dolphins join us both ways, right beside the boat (which they stopped so we could watch the free "show") and it was a great trip. The island is tiny but very scenic and we enjoyed it so much. The snorkeling was good, they divided us into two groups and each group had a tour guide who would point things out, dive down and bring things up, shared facts and information about what we were seeing. We enjoyed the food cooked on the island ($7 for a chicken meal) and bought wood carvings at a great price.

I would highly recommend this tour. Oh, the rum punch was plentiful and yummy and the pouches of water were great!

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking and this company was on my list. Glad to know everything went well. Since the island is so small, did it seem crowded with many others?

There were two other boats that came while we were there. Most of the time we were in the water snorkeling and did not spend a lot of time just hanging out on the island. So, no, it did not seem crowded. However, if many more people had come, it would be crowded. I assume they limit the number somehow?

Archived