Death Policy

curiousx

Some years ago, my travelling companion became very ill and was unable to join me on a 2-week Seabourn cruise (deposits paid, balance pending, insurance in place). Seabourn refunded the full deposit for my travelling companion and honoured my original fare.

More recently, a friend's Seabourn travelling companion for an upcoming cruise died unexpectedly. The situation is the same (deposits paid, balance pending, insurance in place). Seabourn is offering to refund the deposit for the person who has died but will charge a supplementary fare if my friend decides to go ahead with the cruise. I don't know the amount of the supplement.

Any advice to offer from people who have had recent experiences?

>"More recently, a friend's Seabourn travelling companion for an upcoming cruise died unexpectedly. The situation is the same (deposits paid, balance pending, insurance in place). Seabourn is offering to refund the deposit for the person who has died but will charge a supplementary fare if my friend decides to go ahead with the cruise. I don't know the amount of the supplement."

Happened to me and TPTB at Seabourn then were really snarky. I was quoted the top single supplement. I gave up. On the macabre plus side, now cruise alone.

Archived