Viques Biobay planning

guntheros

We are thinking of doing this after our cruise. The moon is supposed to be great. I do have some logistics questions! This is one of my thoughts... get off the ship, rent a car from Charlie's. Take the car and go to the rainforest for a bit of exploring. Then, check into a hotel near ? (Rio Grande, Vieques, Fajardo?) Then go to meet the tour (not even sure where the tour starts). When we are done, drive back to our hotel to sleep a little before heading to the SJU airport for our departure at 9:30AM. Or... do we stay in San Juan and is there transportation to the biobay? I guess I'm not even really sure what kind of distance there is between the areas. How far is it from San Juan? What tour operators are the best? We have a 3 1/2 year old and am assuming this wouldn't be a good excursion for her, so am planning on one of us skipping the biobay and staying with her at the hotel and playing in the pool. Any suggestions on hotels to stay at that would work well? There were some good deals on resorts for the Rio Grande/Fajardo area. Would one of these work?

Vieques is not on the Island of Puerto Rico, just so you know. It's a completely seperate island about 8 miles from Puerto Rico, so you cannot drive there (unless you car is the yellow submarine!). There is a Bio-luminescent bay in Puerto Rico, though as well. I've been there, it's awesome and everyone should do it once or twice in a lifetime!! I believe the bay in Fajardo is the one we did. It was great.

We are thinking of doing this after our cruise. The moon is supposed to be great. I do have some logistics questions! This is one of my thoughts... get off the ship, rent a car from Charlie's. Take the car and go to the rainforest for a bit of exploring. Then, check into a hotel near ? (Rio Grande, Vieques, Fajardo?) Then go to meet the tour (not even sure where the tour starts). When we are done, drive back to our hotel to sleep a little before heading to the SJU airport for our departure at 9:30AM. Or... do we stay in San Juan and is there transportation to the biobay? I guess I'm not even really sure what kind of distance there is between the areas. How far is it from San Juan? What tour operators are the best? We have a 3 1/2 year old and am assuming this wouldn't be a good excursion for her, so am planning on one of us skipping the biobay and staying with her at the hotel and playing in the pool. Any suggestions on hotels to stay at that would work well? There were some good deals on resorts for the Rio Grande/Fajardo area. Would one of these work?

Come on over to our cruise roll call I have the info on what You will need.

planning to take this tour also

Paul

Ok, so I really appreciate everyone kindly telling me my plans were not quite logistical! I knew I had to be missing something... things were just not adding up! Really appreciate it! I will definately check the roll call Paul.

Archived