How old is Old enough

NJCowboy

You sent a 7 year old (or less) SWIMMING - ALONE - at a Disney resort? Really???? :eek:

I am not hung up on the kidnapping thing. I am SHOCKED that you thought it was ok that your 7 year old could go swimming without YOUR eyes on them?

So what if the child slipped, cracked his head, got stung by a bee, skinned his knee - or went down the slide and ANOTHER child plowed into him and knocked your child under water and the life guard didn't see it happen right away? :eek: It happens every day at our local pool. So HOW would they have found you?

This has nothing to do with HOW SAFE the cruise ship is. This is COMMON SENSE! I don't care how mature your child is. Some times PARENTS have to start being PARENTS!

You sent a 7 year old (or less) SWIMMING - ALONE - at a Disney resort? Really???? :eek:

I am not hung up on the kidnapping thing. I am SHOCKED that you thought it was ok that your 7 year old could go swimming without YOUR eyes on them?

So what if the child slipped, cracked his head, got stung by a bee, skinned his knee - or went down the slide and ANOTHER child plowed into him and knocked your child under water and the life guard didn't see it happen right away? :eek: It happens every day at our local pool. So HOW would they have found you?

This has nothing to do with HOW SAFE the cruise ship is. This is COMMON SENSE! I don't care how mature your child is. Some times PARENTS have to start being PARENTS!

Amen!!

SERIOUSLY?

This is total neglect! You let an under 7yo wander a disney resort hotel long enough to get food and swim ALONE?

Now you want advice about a child locator device? It's call a responsible parent.

If your child is not in the club then you need to be with him at all times. Walking across the deck to get icecream while you wait by the pool is freedom enough for a 7yo.

I hope your wife knocks some sense into you. My husband also thinks you need a brain transplant. Sorry, but this makes me really angry and very sad for your children!

If I saw a 7year old kid walking the ship alone, I would have the tendency to go see if I could HELP! But, at the same time, be a little afraid that I might be seen as someone trying to do something bad to a kid! I would never let a 7 yr old wander a cruise ship. And, a big NO to letting them go swimming alone. :eek:

Archived