Your "Must See" list in Bangkok

shootingstar07

Hello fellow cruisers,

I am going to Bangkok for the first time. I am on a Princess cruise and we dock in Laem Chaban at 7 a.m. We have 12 hours. I plan to hire a private tour guide to maximize my time and experience in Bangkok. I probably will never make the trip back.

Can you experienced Asia cruisers share with me what you consider a "must see".....something you might even go back to?

Thank you so much for your help.

Kathleen

Your private guide will be a great help and know what is doable. However, given only one day and the long ride into Bangkok and then back my itinerary would include the Grand Palace, Canal Tour including Royal Barge Museum, Reclining Buddha and Emerald Buddha Temple.

You could choose not to go into Bangkok at all and instead do the Damnern Saduak Floating Market, train market and Rose Garden Cultural Village. We used www.bangkokdaytour.com but we had 2 full days and were docked right in Bangkok.

Your private guide will be a great help and know what is doable. However, given only one day and the long ride into Bangkok and then back my itinerary would include the Grand Palace, Canal Tour including Royal Barge Museum, Reclining Buddha and Emerald Buddha Temple.

You could choose not to go into Bangkok at all and instead do the Damnern Saduak Floating Market, train market and Rose Garden Cultural Village. We used www.bangkokdaytour.com but we had 2 full days and were docked right in Bangkok.

thanks for the suggestions. I am working with bangkok day tours.

I was going to look at the Princess tours to get an idea of what they offer for a full day's tour. I know on a private tour I can add some extras since we would move faster than a 50 person tour bus.

Kathleen

thanks for the suggestions. I am working with bangkok day tours.

I was going to look at the Princess tours to get an idea of what they offer for a full day's tour. I know on a private tour I can add some extras since we would move faster than a 50 person tour bus.

Kathleen

I know Bangkok Day Tours is recommended on CC as well. The one we used was Bangkok Day Tour, no "s". Different company entirely. We were well satisfied. I would be quite sure Princess will do a Floating Market, etc tour and Grand palace, etc. tours. Private tour may end up cheaper and you will have a private car with driver and guide. You will move much faster and see more and customize as you wish.

We used Tong http://www.tourwithtong.com/about_Tong.htm for two days and had one of the best tours we have ever had on any trip. I would have to say everything we saw in Bangkok was a "must see". We had such a wonderful time there. You can see photos and read about what we saw there in our review on our webpage www.thepreismans.com. By taking a private tour, you will see so much more of this amazing city. Enjoy your visit.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Tong http://www.tourwithtong.com/about_Tong.htm for two days and had one of the best tours we have ever had on any trip. I would have to say everything we saw in Bangkok was a "must see". We had such a wonderful time there. You can see photos and read about what we saw there in our review on our webpage www.thepreismans.com. By taking a private tour, you will see so much more of this amazing city. Enjoy your visit.

We also used Tong, and she was fantastic!!! I was kind of frustrated with her communication prior to our arrival. She tours everyday and is so booked it is hard for her to keep in touch with people. But the frustration was well worth it. We loved the flower market, very interesting. I would skip the Palace if your time limited or just do a very short version there. She took us to the port with her driver. You will love her, and she will adjust to your desires, if you change your itinerary.

What a great review of SouthEast Asia. We are going on the Nautica/Oceania this Dec. Capetown to Singapore and staying on the ship Singapore to Hong Kong. We could use a day guide for Singapore and Hong Kong. We only have 9-2pm in Singapore and our flight leaves at 6:30pm in Hong Kong. We have been to Hong Kong before. Any suggestions? We also want to get to Raffles hotel!

Sherry

• 3 weeks later...

Private and Family Tour (Thailand) Co.Ltd. If you google them, they have english speaking drivers. We just came off our cruise yesterday, this company charged six of us A$85each, we went to the markets in the morning and a gold & jewellery shop before lunch, then after lunch we went to the Grand Palace and a ride on Chao Phraya River. They will organise something for you and you can do what you want. That price included lunch, entrance into Grand Palace and the river cruise. Make sure you give yourself two and a half hours to get back to the ship. Traffic can get hectic, and ship will not wait.:)

Archived