I have 3 cruises booked...

I moved from S. FL to Dallas and rented a place within a mile of my parents so we could be close enough to walk if we had to. Closest place to rent I could find.

My Dad still wants to drive and will sneak out sometimes if I go on a cruise. I would feel so bad if he had a accident. I already had a fight with a cousin who thinks I should just stay home and not cruise. I did one B2B 7 day and it just seemed to long. Did one B2B out of FL 3/4 day and my Dad fell and he made my mom and me feel so guilty that we were not there when he was transferred to rehab that day. I promised to never drive to FL again.

I still have both parents, but my mom is the one who hates to drive. My Dad still has his driving license .. they renewed it without making him pass the eye test??!!

All of my extended family is against my cruises. None have even wanted to come with me. My parents think its a waste of money.

FIRE - You just keep on wasting that money!! Sounds like you do a great job of caring for your parents. My sister and I share caretaking of my mom and DB (who is in a wheelchair), but my DH and I definitely have the bulk of the care. Sis and I usually make sure that one of us is in town - but since some of my cruises are for continuing education, Sis needs/wants to go to. The last 2 group cruises, we took Mom on and it was horrible! She used to love to cruise - but we think she has dementia (even though the doctors won't confirm that) - and she gets confused and agitated when she's away from home. In February, on the Elation, she was supposed to be in her cabin napping - we did not take her ashore in Progresso - but when I went to get her to take her to the Serenity Deck, she was gone! I searched all over the ship for her, but she had taken her little walker and gone all the way to the Spa Deck on the other end of the ship!

So, next group cruise - if our other sister can't come stay with Mom, we're arranging for home health to check in on her and DB - and we'll try to arrange some other vacation for DB - he loves to cruise, and after you get him and his wheelchair aboard, he is totally independent - loves the freedom!

I have 2 booked~ a 7day and 15day~ I'm trying my like heck to get to platinum! Seems like I'll never get there!

Me too! I keep freaking out thinking that they are going to change the Platinum requirements next year to take effect before my Spirit cruise. If that ends up being the case I'll just have to book another cruise before the end of the year:p

Archived