websites with lipstick color charts?

all of this talk about the Chanel CoCo Red had me wondering. Although I do like the color of the lipstick, the only one I can find is a frost and I'm not a huge fan of frosted lipstick.

Does anyone know of any websites that have the color charts for their lipsticks? aveda, chanel...we do have a cosmetics counter here at the mall, but I'd like to see if I can get a better deal online than in the stores.

Thanks.:)

Hi Mamaparrothead,

If you go to nordstrom.com and then go to the designer index, then chanel, makeup, lips, and click on "buy " under the 4 different types (Hydrobase creme is not going to be frosted) it gives you the color charts. If you go to the mall they should give you a sample I used to do makeup for Chanel I would cut or scoop a small sample for the customer.

You can get Chanel makeup in the island, years ago I bought some in Grand Caymen so I am sure they have it in St. Martin or St. Thomas. I am not sure of a online site that has discounted Chanel stuff.

Kim

A true color on a computer screen is hard to tell. On my monitor, the color looks a bit more pink than in person. The best way to see if the color will work for you is to try it on in the store. What I like to do is to have it applied, then go shopping for a half hour or so, stepping outside to see it on me in daylight and also in a bathroom mirror with artificial light. I have found that lipstick color can change on me after a while and I may like it in the store, but not be happy with it once I get home. $23.50 is a bit too much to spend for lipstick that you don't like. Don't tell my DH, I probably have 15 different tubes of Chanel lipstick and I hate to say how many shadow quads, powders and other stuff. I really do use it all, a differnt color every day of the week and some just for evening.

Anyway, here is the link to see Coco Red Chanel lipstick:

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_chanel.asp?productID=MALPR010

Archived