Qestion for JaneBP (and anyone else who knows): how do you know who will be crewing?

Flamin_June

Hi Jane

On another thread you said that Thorsten Senguta would be on the Quest for the next while.

How do you know these things??

How can I find out who will be amongst the crew on the Legend in December?

When we sailed on her last August there were some oustanding crew members - not least the chef, but others like Ross Seward, David E Greene, Maciek (Veranda), the Maitre D' from the Veranda whose name I have forgotten (from Brittany), Bar staff Melinda and Sam - the list goes on, not forgetting Capt. Erik Lund Anderssen.

One of the main resons for booking the Legend again was the thought that we would be in such good hands and see some of these people again.

I won't be cancelling if these guys are no longer on board, but it would be comforting to know that a few of them will be there.

Actually, there are others who know much more about 'Who's on first?' than I. However, I became friendly with Chef Sengutta on a Legend cruise a while ago and have sailed with him several times. So now he and I are 'friends' on FB, so that's where I get some of his information. After his stint on the Quest, I think he will be re-joining the Legend in January. Some of our other favorite crews are also on FB, so I might pick up a bit of information. Many cruisers are 'friends' of the crews on FB. In addition, cruisers on a current itinerary may ask some of our favorites if they will be onboard during a future cruise.

I agree, boarding the ship and seeing some favorite staff makes it that much more inviting. Perhaps someone headed to the Legend in the near future will ask for you. You and I are not alone in looking forward to who might be onboard.

PS: The 'Who's on first' reference is from a famous Abbott and Costello routine that never fails to amuse me and the saying has become common in our lexicon over here.

Thanks for that, Jane.

I don't spend much time on FB, but I will have a look around.

I am afraid I have never had a chance to get familiar with Abbott and Costello I love classic American humor - the Marx Brothers, Burns and Allen, Hope and Crosby - but I seem to have missed out on Bud and Lou. I'll try to check them out on Youtube.

Who's on First? 1945!

Have you come across James Sherman's masterful updating following the election of the new Chinese President:

There's also another one about Wen is the Chinese Prime Minister... When is the Chinese Prime Minister what?... but I haven't found copy yet!

Enjoy!

The wonderful guy in the verandah restaurant is Sebastien from Landerneau in Brittany - he's great, isn't he? I recognise a few faces from the Legend in the Seabourn brochure. Captain Andersson was also in charge both times we have sailed the Legend and he was such a fantastic chap - I believe he is retiring, though.

Sebastien is terrific. His wife was my stewardess twice in the Legend. The Legend is my favorite ship, although when I started cruising it was the Pride and I am looking forward to cruising on the Spirit in December. Long live the little sisters!

Sebastien is terrific. His wife was my stewardess twice in the Legend. The Legend is my favorite ship, although when I started cruising it was the Pride and I am looking forward to cruising on the Spirit in December. Long live the little sisters!

Great to hear some many good things about the Legend and the Crew!;)

There's also another one about Wen is the Chinese Prime Minister... When is the Chinese Prime Minister what?... but I haven't found copy yet!

Enjoy!

That reminds me of an old Chestnut from the late 70s/early 80s

"Who won the Grand Prix Championship?"

"Lauda"

"Who won the Grand Prix Championship?!"

"Lauda"

"WHO WON THE GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!?"

"There's no need to shout."

Ahh yes, Sebastien.

Grace, charm and efficiency under pressure.

I was running late one morning: Fresh scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, toast, tea all produced and impeccably served within 3 minutes !!

Archived