Lattitudes/TA Question

nhquilter1

My father-in-law wants us to go on a cruise with him and my mother-in-law this fall (they've never cruised before). So he asked us to do some research (which we did).

I had spoken with a TA and she checked cabins and prices (my m-i-l is disabled, so we needed info on handicap rooms).

We reported back to my f-i-l last night with the info we had and gave him the phone # for NCL in case he had any accessibility questions.

Got a call from him this afternoon - while talking to NCL, they must have convinced him that rooms were going fast and he booked us. Now I feel bad that we had worked with a TA and he went and booked it thru NCL. Can my TA get "credit" for this booking?

2nd question is - if my f-i-l is paying for everything, can we still get credit as Lattitudes members? We don't have a lot of cruises under our belt, but I'd still like to get credit for this one.

Thoughts??

Thanks

My father-in-law wants us to go on a cruise with him and my mother-in-law this fall (they've never cruised before). So he asked us to do some research (which we did).

I had spoken with a TA and she checked cabins and prices (my m-i-l is disabled, so we needed info on handicap rooms).

We reported back to my f-i-l last night with the info we had and gave him the phone # for NCL in case he had any accessibility questions.

Got a call from him this afternoon - while talking to NCL, they must have convinced him that rooms were going fast and he booked us. Now I feel bad that we had worked with a TA and he went and booked it thru NCL. Can my TA get "credit" for this booking?

2nd question is - if my f-i-l is paying for everything, can we still get credit as Lattitudes members? We don't have a lot of cruises under our belt, but I'd still like to get credit for this one.

Thoughts??

Thanks

You can transfer your NCL reservation to the TA so the TA will receive the comission on the sale. NCL should be able to tell you the procedure, I believe it involves faxing in a letter....but I'm not sure of the current policy.

As long as your latitude number has been given you will receive credit....no matter who pays for the cruise. :)

Well, if the cruise is 70 days out I'm sure they are going fast. You can ask you FIL to change the cruise over to the TA if he wants, but he did work with the NCL rep and that's who booked the cruise. I think I would let it go and be amazed that I was getting a free cruise.;)

I looked at my NCL account and they already have the cruise listed, so I guess I didn't have to worry.

Spoke with the TA and she said not to worry (she's an online friend who I only just met in person a month ago!), she'd get my next booking ;)

And trust me, I'm extremely grateful!

Archived