Water taxi hotel Fort Lauderdale

bingies

We will be in Ft Lauderdale in Feb. Pre cruise and want a hotel near a water taxi stop and a grocery/liquor store. We don't care if it's near the beach, we're more interested in shops and restaurants. Any suggestions?

We will be in Ft Lauderdale in Feb. Pre cruise and want a hotel near a water taxi stop and a grocery/liquor store. We don't care if it's near the beach, we're more interested in shops and restaurants. Any suggestions?

You would have the most options with the 17th Street area. The Hilton Marina is the closest to the Water Taxi with the Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites and even the Hyatt Place North within walking distance. Lots of restaurants and stores in the area.

The best choice would be the Doubletree Gallery One. It has it's own water taxi stop and is a block away from Galleria Mall, Publix(opening soon), The Hut liquor store, Starbucks, and several restaurants: Jade Palace, Texas Brazilian Steakhouse, La Cantina, Franko & Vinnie's, Capital Grill, Truluck, Season's 52, Blue Martini, PF Changs, Mermaid Bar, and an upscale food court. 4-6 blocks away either way there are several more restaurants. The beach is a few blocks away too.

The best choice would be the Doubletree Gallery One. It has it's own water taxi stop and is a block away from Galleria Mall, Publix(opening soon), The Hut liquor store, Starbucks, and several restaurants: Jade Palace, Texas Brazilian Steakhouse, La Cantina, Franko & Vinnie's, Capital Grill, Truluck, Season's 52, Blue Martini, PF Changs, Mermaid Bar, and an upscale food court. 4-6 blocks away either way there are several more restaurants. The beach is a few blocks away too.

I've never understood your facination with Gallery One. Perhaps it's because I've stayed there as a guest and know too much about their internal and management problems. They may have fixed their management problems in the last couple of years since I've been out of the game, but I still think that property is very overpriced for what you get.

I've never understood your facination with Gallery One. Perhaps it's because I've stayed there as a guest and know too much about their internal and management problems. They may have fixed their management problems in the last couple of years since I've been out of the game, but I still think that property is very overpriced for what you get.

:confused: I don't know why you think I have a facination with Gallery One...I don't. I do have a facination with several local hotels but they don't fit the OP's needs (W, Lago Mar, Boca Raton Resort).

To clarify my response...The OP wanted to be near shops, grocery, liquor, restaurants and water taxi, and Doubletree Gallery One is the ONLY hotel both by the mall and water taxi and it is close to everything they are asking for. I am personally excited about the new Starbucks and Publix since I work 2 blocks away. Riverside Hotel is also close to water taxi, boutiques, and restaurants, but it is quite a walk to Publix/liquor (about a mile). Renaissance is 2 blocks from the water taxi, close to several restaurants, and about 5 blocks from Publix/wine/liquor, but the shopping in the area is almost non-existent (Ross and Dollar Tree).

I agree that the Gallery One would be the best choice. It has everything you mentioned plus the rooms are suites and the Water Taxi stops at back door. It is our favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale and we have stayed at most of them.

I agree that the Gallery One would be the best choice. It has everything you mentioned plus the rooms are suites and the Water Taxi stops at back door. It is our favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale and we have stayed at most of them.

Perhaps it's my bias against them because of the inside knowledge I had about past management problems and guest complaints. It's hard enough for a property to go through a remodel, but it's really tough when you go through a remodel with poor and weak management. Maybe Hilton has fixed the management problem since I left them.

Also, I think it's too much money for what you get.

Not near the beach bbut I would go with the Renaissance or FL Marina on 17th street. both excellent properties and can usually be booked on Priceline for half the going price. Several good restaurants and you can take the trolley to beaches and Las Olas shopping.

I've seen others mention that the water taxi is only a couple of blocks from Sheraton at the Beach. Is that true?

Yes the water taxi stop is between the Sheraton and the Bahia Mar hotels. VERY easy.

Archived