Summit Veranda gaurantee

LV2COOK

I have the opportunity to upgrade to a gauranteed veranda on the Summit...does anyone have any experience good or bad with this....? Is there such a thing as a bad veranda cabin? Thanks.

In my opinion no if you are currently in an oceanview and it is a small upgrade or free upgrade.... it is a no brainer......

Nothing beats being able to walk out onto the verandah for some coffee and watch the water or pulling in to port.......

I think so too...but I'm worried I'll get stuck with an obstructed view or partial privacy. On the other hand a balcony is a balcony. Currently have 7002 and that's a big cabin allllllll the way forward.

This will be my 30th cruise...that said I have had every kind of cabin imaginable...suites to insides....my worry is the GTY...last year I took an outside GTY on the Century and it was AWFUL!!!! But I think I'll go for it..

On the positive side, if you do not like the balcony you are assigned, you may be able to change to another cabin in the same category. I have done this and it has worked well. It would be difficult for me as well to give up that very large outside, but I think I would go with the balcony. Good luck.

Anne :)

Archived