Wheel Chair Access on the Dream

Hey there guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any special seating for someone with a wheelchair in the show lounge or dining rooms? We are travelling as a group and we have a lot of extended family including my husbands Grandmother who has a hard time getting around because of a bad leg so our Travel Agent rented her a wheelchair using some service where the chair will be waiting for her in the room, it is a company that works with Cruise lines.(has anyone ever used this kind of service, if so how did it pan out??) She is not bound to a wheel chair, she can walk but would never be able to walk the length of the ship.

There are location in all of the main show lounges designed to accommodate both wheelchairs and scooters.

Personally, I've not seen specific tables in the main dining rooms for that purpose but I have seen a number of folks in wheelchairs in the ends of tables. Seemed to work out just fine!

:)

We rented through the cruiselines for a chair for my mom.

It will be waiting in the cabin. (if you do not have a handicapped cabin the chair will need to be folded up. It will not fit in the door.)

On the last day- you wheel your grandmother to the pursers desk and transfer to the carnival wheel chair to get your grand mother off the ship.

It should be taken care of at the taxi stand.

Hopefully your table is near the entrance as it is a pain to manuver between tables trying to get to one in the back. (check out your table when you get onboard- do not wait til dinner to see if the table works for you.

shows-- there are a few rows that will allow a wheel chair to sit at the begining of the row- there will be no seats there- they are located towards the back of the theater.

Archived