Why is Riviera maiden suddenly showing all wait-list?

Ragnar Danneskjold

A maiden voyage would be fun, but I like waiting for the kinks to be ironed out. As a matter of fact, we were on the Marina about 5 months after the maiden voyage and the kinks were still being worked out. The carpet was giving problems, so every night, the workers were replacing sections on different decks. The wall sconces were being changed as well. There was construction on an upper deck. I guess it is like a new house - things are often not right and you want them fixed while they are under warrenty. One of the most common sight on the ship were men wearing the shirt of the dockyard and an Oceania Maiden Voyage cap working on the ship. My husband really wanted one of the hats, but they were all sold out. Maybe one of the workers will be selling his on ebay soon - LOL

A maiden voyage would be fun, but I like waiting for the kinks to be ironed out. As a matter of fact, we were on the Marina about 5 months after the maiden voyage and the kinks were still being worked out. The carpet was giving problems, so every night, the workers were replacing sections on different decks. The wall sconces were being changed as well. There was construction on an upper deck. I guess it is like a new house - things are often not right and you want them fixed while they are under warrenty. One of the most common sight on the ship were men wearing the shirt of the dockyard and an Oceania Maiden Voyage cap working on the ship. My husband really wanted one of the hats, but they were all sold out. Maybe one of the workers will be selling his on ebay soon - LOL

Hi Benita,

I'm really excited about being on a MV and especially now with the new itinerary! Another way to look at is you can go on a lot of ships that have the kinks ironed out, but you can go on only one Maiden Voyage.:)

Archived