Carnival Legend Review & Pictures!

leesy007

We were on the Legend this past January and loved it so much that we booked it again for Jan 2012. Now we are looking at trying to find an inexpensive way to take 2 boys with us around the end of May or beginning of June and it looks like it might be the Legend again

Thank you so much for your reveiw so far. We TOO are excited to sail on the Legend in October. Thank you also for the bus schedule information link for Grand Cayman. When you took the bus, did you have any trouble getting a bus back to the port?

We have reservations to the Famous Lighthouse 5 Star Restaurant for a Grand Lunch (being from Florida too, we are used to beaches, so not much interest there). Martini's and great food is what we love. It's in Bodden Town and I noticed a bus going there, and I think it would be "excitingly" LOCAL and fun, to take the bus.

Great Review and you are making us sooooo excited!!! Thank you again!

Great review!! We are boarding Oct. 9th and can't seem to get enough of the reviews of the Legend! I have been on several ships of different sizes and shapes. I really believe the Spirit Class is going to be the ticket for me!!

Keep it up, I can't wait to read more!

You are going to have so much fun! She is a great ship, great staff and really diverse ports!

Great (not too late) review thus far!

Congrats and Go Bulls!! :D

:) Thanks!

We don't cruise Legend until March 11, 2012 and your review is making even more excited! :D

Yay! Reading reviews makes the time go by faster! Have fun :)

We were on the Legend this past January and loved it so much that we booked it again for Jan 2012. Now we are looking at trying to find an inexpensive way to take 2 boys with us around the end of May or beginning of June and it looks like it might be the Legend again

It is such a great cruise! We have looked into taking it again before out Ecstasy trip. It is a great price, and a really fun ship!

Thank you so much for your reveiw so far. We TOO are excited to sail on the Legend in October. Thank you also for the bus schedule information link for Grand Cayman. When you took the bus, did you have any trouble getting a bus back to the port?

We have reservations to the Famous Lighthouse 5 Star Restaurant for a Grand Lunch (being from Florida too, we are used to beaches, so not much interest there). Martini's and great food is what we love. It's in Bodden Town and I noticed a bus going there, and I think it would be "excitingly" LOCAL and fun, to take the bus.

Great Review and you are making us sooooo excited!!! Thank you again!

We didn't have trouble getting back to the port. We just left governors beach and started walking back along the road. We obviously had no intention of walking all the way back to the port, I mean it is our vacation for goodness sakes! But as you are walking the buses will honk two short honks as a way of asking if you need a ride. We were "honked at" within 5 minutes of our walk and jumped on. The drivers easily spot cruise tourists and are very helpful. It wasn't bad at all. Hope that helps :D.

You will always remember your first cruise.....there is nothing like it! Looks like you are hooked! The two of you are so cute and your excitement is contagious. Great review!!!

Sorry I missed this one! Thanks for reading. We are hooked! Totally. We talk about cruises almost everyday, and simply cannot wait to get back out to sea! Being in school (I am starting my Masters program this Fall) there is only a few months we can go during. But we pass the time by reading these boards :)

Elegant Night:

Am I allowed to say that it is shocking what some women will wear! It is called Elegant Night. Not “show as much as possible” night. Yikes! ( I am realizing more and more what an Old Soul I have, lol!).

5988592323_9e4b242024.jpg.

Look at that sunset! Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?!

5988591655_2fb47c7961.jpg.

This night we had our other couple join us for dinner, it was their honeymoon! How fun!

5992356294_8d548c3029.jpg

A note about the food: I got the Crème Brule (sp?) the first night, I forgot to mention it. It was pretty good but not amazing. However! The second night I got bread pudding and let me just tell you, Oh My God. It was incredible. It’s been like 3 months and I am still thinking about it!! If it is offered on your cruise, do yourself a favor – order two!

Also- We didn’t realize this until the last few days but if you didn’t already know, you can order multiples. Like 2 desserts or 2 appetizers, even if it is 2 of the same thing. My hubby ordered like 3 crab cakes the last night.

Our Waiter was Fernando and he was spectacular! I ordered a Hot Chocolate the first night with my dessert and by the second night they had one ready without me even asking. So cool!

After dinner we went to the 18+ comedy show. Carl Faulkenberry was performing. It was pretty funny.

Cozumel tomorrow!

Cozumel!

Okay. So we got into Cozumel at 9am. Now, me and my husband have very different ideas about vacations. I like to explore (in case you didn’t already note that). My major is in Anthropology, so the idea of visiting different countries and cultures was simply mouthwatering to me, so I was awake at 7:30 am. Time to shower, eat breakfast, and get in line to get off the ship! Now the DH has different ideas…where I like to take TRIPS he actually likes to VACATION. That is why cruises are so great for us, a little of both ☺. He is good at getting up early though so that was not an issue! I just had to make sure to schedule in some relaxing time. (“Schedule in relaxing time”…what a planner I am!)

The only time we were able to get a seat on Serenity Deck was at 8am !

5989155108_6f59b03622.jpg

We were in line, ready to go at 8:30 am. We were the second or third couple in line. The line started on the 4th floor (I think). It was the same deck as you enter in on during Embarktion. Then the crew leads you down to the exit ramp.

Paused for a quick and cheesy photo (that we did not buy) and then we were off!

We hiked it through the duty free shop and through the Puerta Maya shops out to the taxis’.

Now I must say that for our first cruise, and our first time in Mexico we were pretty darn adventurous. Our first port and we were already taking transportation on our own and booking our own excursions, not through Carnival!

We got into a taxi and triple checked the price with the driver. I don’t remember what it was ☹ But it wasn’t more than $10 total. The prices are listed at the port and the drivers stuck to them as far as I could tell.

And we’re off! Too…….

CHANKANNAB NATIONAL PARK!

5988598099_d6a7b869fa.jpg.

We got our tickets, less than $30 total, and we headed into the park. We brought our own snorkel gear that we got from Publix for like $10 a person because I wasn’t sure how much I would like it.

It was breathtaking.

5988595305_364cba76d9.jpg

oops a little crooked!

5988595997_391d469547.jpg

5988598733_12c6635fc2.jpg

I just could not get over the blue water! If you have been to Cozumel than you know what I mean!

5988597405_9165d6bb12.jpg.

We snorkeled for a bit. It was decent snorkeling. Not incredible but worth the cost of entrance. The park was not that busy when we went. We were lucky enough to port on a day when there was only one other ship in port, and it was another Carnival ship!

We debated renting a locker, but felt safe enough to just leave our towels and clothes on our chairs under the cabana thing.

But! I bought a water proof case to stash my moolah, S&S card, and camera. It came in handy for snorkeling, but also because I could wear it across my shoulders I used it as a small purse when we walked about San Miguel.

This is it: http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-Waterproof-Purpose/dp/B0032UYGWS/ref=pd_sbs_a_4.

It worked perfectly.

** I made my DH read this over to make sure I didn’t forget anything. And…being the eater he is, he reminded me to tell you all know about the lunch we ordered at the park.

People came by about every 10 minutes, no joke, asking if we wanted drinks, food, sodas, anything really. It was a little annoying, since I always feel the need to be nice and kind and always reply. After about an hour though I just started to ignore the questions. Is that bad?!

Okay the food at the park- I got Tacos, and he got Enchiladas. Honestly ,it wasn’t that good and it was over priced. Next time, I will pack a few snacks and eat in town.

Overally, besides the food aspect, the place was gorgeous, and worth spending a few hours at. It was our poor version of Nachi Cocom , and we really loved it. I think the pictures really say it all!

(There are more aspects to the park that we did not sea. There was a sea lion show and a small dolphin encounter. But ever since "The Cove" (http://www.thecovemovie.com/) I just cannot handle it! )

Cozumel!

Okay. So we got into Cozumel at 9am. Now, me and my husband have very different ideas about vacations. I like to explore (in case you didn’t already note that). My major is in Anthropology, so the idea of visiting different countries and cultures was simply mouthwatering to me, so I was awake at 7:30 am. Time to shower, eat breakfast, and get in line to get off the ship! Now the DH has different ideas…where I like to take TRIPS he actually likes to VACATION. That is why cruises are so great for us, a little of both ☺. He is good at getting up early though so that was not an issue! I just had to make sure to schedule in some relaxing time. (“Schedule in relaxing time”…what a planner I am!)

The only time we were able to get a seat on Serenity Deck was at 8am !

5989155108_6f59b03622.jpg

We were in line, ready to go at 8:30 am. We were the second or third couple in line. The line started on the 4th floor (I think). It was the same deck as you enter in on during Embarktion. Then the crew leads you down to the exit ramp.

Paused for a quick and cheesy photo (that we did not buy) and then we were off!

We hiked it through the duty free shop and through the Puerta Maya shops out to the taxis’.

Now I must say that for our first cruise, and our first time in Mexico we were pretty darn adventurous. Our first port and we were already taking transportation on our own and booking our own excursions, not through Carnival!

We got into a taxi and triple checked the price with the driver. I don’t remember what it was ☹ But it wasn’t more than $10 total. The prices are listed at the port and the drivers stuck to them as far as I could tell.

And we’re off! Too…….

CHANKANNAB NATIONAL PARK!

5988598099_d6a7b869fa.jpg.

We got our tickets, less than $30 total, and we headed into the park. We brought our own snorkel gear that we got from Publix for like $10 a person because I wasn’t sure how much I would like it.

It was breathtaking.

5988595305_364cba76d9.jpg

oops a little crooked!

5988595997_391d469547.jpg

5988598733_12c6635fc2.jpg

I just could not get over the blue water! If you have been to Cozumel than you know what I mean!

5988597405_9165d6bb12.jpg.

We snorkeled for a bit. It was decent snorkeling. Not incredible but worth the cost of entrance. The park was not that busy when we went. We were lucky enough to port on a day when there was only one other ship in port, and it was another Carnival ship!

We debated renting a locker, but felt safe enough to just leave our towels and clothes on our chairs under the cabana thing.

But! I bought a water proof case to stash my moolah, S&S card, and camera. It came in handy for snorkeling, but also because I could wear it across my shoulders I used it as a small purse when we walked about San Miguel.

This is it: http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-Waterproof-Purpose/dp/B0032UYGWS/ref=pd_sbs_a_4.

It worked perfectly.

** I made my DH read this over to make sure I didn’t forget anything. And…being the eater he is, he reminded me to tell you all know about the lunch we ordered at the park.

People came by about every 10 minutes, no joke, asking if we wanted drinks, food, sodas, anything really. It was a little annoying, since I always feel the need to be nice and kind and always reply. After about an hour though I just started to ignore the questions. Is that bad?!

Okay the food at the park- I got Tacos, and he got Enchiladas. Honestly ,it wasn’t that good and it was over priced. Next time, I will pack a few snacks and eat in town.

Overally, besides the food aspect, the place was gorgeous, and worth spending a few hours at. It was our poor version of Nachi Cocom , and we really loved it. I think the pictures really say it all!

(There are more aspects to the park that we did not sea. There was a sea lion show and a small dolphin encounter. But ever since "The Cove" (http://www.thecovemovie.com/) I just cannot handle it! )

Nice review! Were you able to put your passports in the water proof case you were using? Did it actually keep everything nice and dry? I see them on Amazon for $8.99 now. I'm really concerned about keeping our passports dry! LOL

Nice review! Were you able to put your passports in the water proof case you were using? Did it actually keep everything nice and dry? I see them on Amazon for $8.99 now. I'm really concerned about keeping our passports dry! LOL

I did not bring my passport. I had read on these boards the danger of doing so, I brought my FL Drivers License as a form of ID, and a credit card just in case.

...but! To actually get to the point of your question (sorry!) a passport would fit I think and stay dry. I has multiple ziplock layers and folder over a few times. my nice camera, and everything stayed perfectly dry!

COZUMEL!

After a few hours at the National Park we were off! Cozumel was the port I really wanted to do a lot in. I wanted to sea the water and the beautiful beaches, and I wanted to experience the city and the people.

We got into a taxi very easily from the entrance of the park and asked to be taken to San Miguel. Now , the reason I wanted to go downtown and not shop in Puerta Maya was because I wanted the (albeit, somewhat) real experience of Cozumel and not the built up touristy port shops. Just my opinion ☺ .

We were dropped of right in the center:

5989160846_042e3725b5.jpg

5988601489_ffd8ca595e.jpg

5988603011_38320d414b.jpg

Now I have read that some people did not like the vendors in Cozumel because of the “pushy” nature or the “haggling”. But, I just viewed it as part of their culture, a way of connecting to people, and conversing. Much like talking about the weather or local sports teams here in the US. With that said I had a blast talking with the locals. I was able to exercise my Spanish, which they really appreciated. Even if I messed up! The people were so kind, and fun.

5988605857_d03369bc97.jpg

5989174218_48605dc231.jpg

We ended up with:

a twin sized Mexican Blanket, really thick, in pretty blues for $15.

A ceramic bowel in blues for $20

And a bottle of vanilla for less than $5

This was about the only shopping I did on the cruise. About…

It was so hot! We got a bottle of water at the 7 Eleven (can your believe it? A 7 Eleven!) in the center market and I was able to get my change back in pesos! We were ready to get back to the ship around 4:30ish. We got a taxi easily and went back to the port.

...but! To actually get to the point of your question (sorry!) a passport would fit I think and stay dry. I has multiple ziplock layers and folder over a few times. my nice camera, and everything stayed perfectly dry!

Awesome! I have a Kodak Easy Share camera. Do you think it will fit in the case? I'm trying to avoid buying a waterproof camera before our cruise.

Awesome! I have a Kodak Easy Share camera. Do you think it will fit in the case? I'm trying to avoid buying a waterproof camera before our cruise.

I would think so? I have a Sony Cyber shot, 3 and 1/2 inches long by 2 inches tall. It fit fine. There is also a larger "pouch" that they make. That would for sure fit everything. The bigger one might actually give you room to turn your camera on and have the lense extend. I didn't purchase it to take pictures underwater, I bought an underwater camera for that. I just wanted to keep everything with my while I was in the water, and keep it all dry!

I would think so? I have a Sony Cyber shot, 3 and 1/2 inches long by 2 inches tall. It fit fine. There is also a larger "pouch" that they make. That would for sure fit everything. The bigger one might actually give you room to turn your camera on and have the lense extend. I didn't purchase it to take pictures underwater, I bought an underwater camera for that. I just wanted to keep everything with my while I was in the water, and keep it all dry!

What kind of camera did you get and where did you get it? I have been researching these cameras for a while now and just can't make up my mind. :confused: I know before all is said and done I will break down and buy a waterproof camera!!! LOL ;)

Before you cruise you should make photo copies of your passports and keep your real passport in your cabin safe and carry your copies in a waterproof case on land. We don't always do this but thats how its suppose to be done.

COZUMEL!

After a few hours at the National Park we were off! Cozumel was the port I really wanted to do a lot in. I wanted to sea the water and the beautiful beaches, and I wanted to experience the city and the people.

We got into a taxi very easily from the entrance of the park and asked to be taken to San Miguel. Now , the reason I wanted to go downtown and not shop in Puerta Maya was because I wanted the (albeit, somewhat) real experience of Cozumel and not the built up touristy port shops. Just my opinion ☺ .

We were dropped of right in the center:

5989160846_042e3725b5.jpg

5988601489_ffd8ca595e.jpg

5988603011_38320d414b.jpg

Now I have read that some people did not like the vendors in Cozumel because of the “pushy” nature or the “haggling”. But, I just viewed it as part of their culture, a way of connecting to people, and conversing. Much like talking about the weather or local sports teams here in the US. With that said I had a blast talking with the locals. I was able to exercise my Spanish, which they really appreciated. Even if I messed up! The people were so kind, and fun.

5988605857_d03369bc97.jpg

5989174218_48605dc231.jpg

We ended up with:

a twin sized Mexican Blanket, really thick, in pretty blues for $15.

A ceramic bowel in blues for $20

And a bottle of vanilla for less than $5

This was about the only shopping I did on the cruise. About…

It was so hot! We got a bottle of water at the 7 Eleven (can your believe it? A 7 Eleven!) in the center market and I was able to get my change back in pesos! We were ready to get back to the ship around 4:30ish. We got a taxi easily and went back to the port.

Alyse if you though the vendors were pushy in Cozumel...never go to Jamaica or Dominica....both horrible ports for pushy people....real pushy. I think Cozumel is fine never had a problem.

Before you cruise you should make photo copies of your passports and keep your real passport in your cabin safe and carry your copies in a waterproof case on land. We don't always do this but thats how its suppose to be done.

Thats a good idea! Thanks!

Alyse if you though the vendors were pushy in Cozumel...never go to Jamaica or Dominica....both horrible ports for pushy people....real pushy. I think Cozumel is fine never had a problem.

We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, but mostly stayed at our Sandals resort. We were (are) really young and like to play it safe most times. We did do to Dunns River Falls and the market on the property was insane. That was too pushy for me and made me super uncomfortable.

I actually liked conversing with the vendors in Cozumel. We had a great time in this port and would love to go back. The people were so warm and kind, I really liked it. :)

Elegant Night:

Am I allowed to say that it is shocking what some women will wear! It is called Elegant Night. Not “show as much as possible” night. Yikes! ( I am realizing more and more what an Old Soul I have, lol!).

....<snip>....

If you don't have photos, it didn't happen. Let's see 'em ;):D

Great review, keep it going.

Archived