Pride Question

BarbaB

Can anyone give me an idea of what time we will sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? I want to make dinner reservations, but I want to be on deck when we go under and sail past Annapolis

Can anyone give me an idea of what time we will sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? I want to make dinner reservations, but I want to be on deck when we go under and sail past Annapolis

If you are sailing on a Sunday and if they are running the same schedule as last year and the year before, you should be passing under the Bay Bridge somewhere between 7:30 - 7:50PM. I know that's a lot of "ifs". Sorry. Maybe someone who has noticed Pride's passing under the Bridge more recently will be able to nail it down for you. Happy cruising!:)

ShakyBeef is right on the money.

I leave on the 28th of this month and have been watching Pride leave Baltimore the last few Sundays using Maryland Department of Transportation webcams and some ship tracking software.

If she leaves the cruise terminal on time [4PM], the Pride should pass under the Francis Scott Key Bridge just before 5 PM. Approximately two hours later she'll sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

If you are sailing on a Sunday and if they are running the same schedule as last year and the year before, you should be passing under the Bay Bridge somewhere between 7:30 - 7:50PM. I know that's a lot of "ifs". Sorry. Maybe someone who has noticed Pride's passing under the Bridge more recently will be able to nail it down for you. Happy cruising!:)

Noticed you sailed the pride in January....did you have a balcony stateroom? was it really cold when you sailed? Just wondering because I sail in Dec 2011 on the pride

sorry for hijacking this thread

Noticed you sailed the pride in January....did you have a balcony stateroom? was it really cold when you sailed? Just wondering because I sail in Dec 2011 on the pride

We sailed in December and it was pretty cold...nothing too crazy. When we got back however, the airport had been closed because of so much snow :p

Chesterpeake, would you please share the link for watching the Pride? We just booked and would love to watch her sail away.

Thank You!!!

Matt

Me too.....please share the link

Yep, we have sailed Pride in November, January, and doing it again this January. First time we had and Extended Balcony, Deck 8. Second time we had an Ocean Suite (got a call from the upsell fairy:D). This time, we have an Obstructed View Balcony, Deck 5.

The first day and the last day of the cruise will be cold on the outer decks.

ShakyBeef is right on the money.

I leave on the 28th of this month and have been watching Pride leave Baltimore the last few Sundays using Maryland Department of Transportation webcams and some ship tracking software.

If she leaves the cruise terminal on time [4PM], the Pride should pass under the Francis Scott Key Bridge just before 5 PM. Approximately two hours later she'll sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

Wondering if you could please give us a link to see the Pride sailaway today?? It's only 5 weeks until we're onboard our first Carnival cruise! :)

Thanks

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Gail,

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning.

This is the url for the Maryland Department of Transportation webcam at Broening Highway. The view is of the Francis Scott Key Bridge which Pride passes under 45 to 60 minutes after leaving the pier:

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/video.asp?feed=83014c5ac47701b8004606363d235daa

Here is the url to track [graphically] the ship movements:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=-76.5438&centery=39.21575&zoom=14

You should have a few more Sundays to use these.

Thanks Chesterpeake!!

I opened that link and saved it in my "cruise stuff" .....If I am up early enough on Sunday morning I'll have to check to see if I can see the Pride coming back!!

Sooooo excited to be leaving SOON!!

I'll have to show our son that link too so he can watch us sail away under the bride on Sept.11th:D

No worries about not seeing the message.......like you said, we still have time to watch it before we board.

Thanks again!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Archived