Just Off Oceania marina,,re penthouse vs veranda suitehouse

Bethin

First, let me say that everyone preferred the smaller ships. That said, here,s our comments re marina.

Loved ph suite.. Pluses,, larger bathroom, fantastic closet, generally more living space, used the executive lounge daily. Free yogurt, pop. Fruit, sandwiches, cookies, convenient..met neighbors. Loved shared tables at dinner, did not use butler,,should have for only 10 dollars a day..brings fruit or appetizers to room daily, choc covered strawberries, etc.but, we don,t like nibbling before dinner.

Staff was fabulous..they go farther than any other ships staff to please..from the top down. Many knew me by name..and did their best to fix any and every issue..that they could..even CJ aged our mattresses.

Do not take room on 11th floor if it is under cafeteria..it was horrendous..screeching tables being moved at 5:30 am and 11:30 pm. On third day we were moved to 10th floor. Check it out carefully, unless you have a hearing loss..my hubby took out his hearing aid so he didn.t hear it. Walk in closets in ph are terrific and in hallway across from bathroom. Closets in veranda rooms are right next to bed..unless you both rise and shine together, it is tough..light goesonwhen you slide to open the closet door. Also, seemed like very few

shelves and drawers. If you ask if the ph is worth the extra money..and affordable..we would recommend it.. We could both use the bathroom at the same time..larger counter, rven with one sink.

forget marina aif you enjoy great entertainment. Solstice has great cabins and fantastic entertainment.

F

Negatives..tiny showers, useless bathtubs with no curtains so even if you use it with spray, you will drench floors.. Shower head is directly above head..don.t know how a thin tall man manages,,thin and heavy..impossible. Everyone complained.

Thanks for the review.

May I ask what you meant by saying you could have used the butler for $10 a day? There's no charge for the butler in a PH other than the extra gratuities added onto your account which you will pay whether you use him or not.

We are just back from London after 14 day cruise on Marina. After reading all of past posts regarding showers, overhanging decks and library, we were not sure what to expect. We were on deck 11 aft. We were so pleasantly surprised and delighted with accommodations, butler, restaurants and service. Cannot believe we were on same ship as some of other reviewers. We are big fans of Oceania and will book both R and new ships depending on the itinerary.

We are just back from London after 14 day cruise on Marina. After reading all of past posts regarding showers, overhanging decks and library, we were not sure what to expect. We were on deck 11 aft. We were so pleasantly surprised and delighted with accommodations, butler, restaurants and service. Cannot believe we were on same ship as some of other reviewers. We are big fans of Oceania and will book both R and new ships depending on the itinerary.

If you have time to write a member review of your experience on Marina, I'd love to read it. :o We are booked on Riviera on the TA next fall and since there are no reviews of Riviera yet since she is still being built, I've been reading the Marina reviews.

Thanks for the review.

May I ask what you meant by saying you could have used the butler for $10 a day? There's no charge for the butler in a PH other than the extra gratuities added onto your account which you will pay whether you use him or not.

Extra gratuities for butler are $5 per person per day, so for 2 people it would be a total of $10/day. So when they said "should have for only 10 dollars a day" I believe they meant, they should have used the butler more for the additional $10 per day they were paying in gratuities for the butler.

The showers are a problem is you're over 5'10" tall, relatively large, or both. I am 5'10" and the shower was ok for me, but I much preferred the shower in the sauna/steam area of the spa.

The library issues are overblown. Primarily because the R ship libraries are preferred by Oceania cruisers.

The library issues are overblown. Primarily because the R ship libraries are preferred by Oceania cruisers.

The only problem I see as a real one is those who said people fell asleep in the chairs and began to snore.:( I didn't see this on the MV, but if I had I would probably have giggled, awakened the snorer, and we'd both have been embarrassed.:eek::eek::eek:

Again, my only point is that cruisers with no experience on Oceania's R ships will likely find the library to be very good, since it is well-stocked with comfortable leather chairs and a nice ambience. I am one of the people on this list who has never sailed on an R ship and almost certainly never will, since we prefer the Regent and Silversea ships of that size.

Again, my only point is that cruisers with no experience on Oceania's R ships will likely find the library to be very good, since it is well-stocked with comfortable leather chairs and a nice ambience. I am one of the people on this list who has never sailed on an R ship and almost certainly never will, since we prefer the Regent and Silversea ships of that size.

Having just returned from my first cruise on Oceania I was very pleasantly surprised with the size and comfort of the Library. The day of embarkation the room was totally full with sleeping guests of all ages...it was so comical but these same people most likely had been previosuly onboard as they were filling every inch of space.The people all around ship had books from the library and also on the tour busses...quite a lot of books to choose from as well.

It was one of the very well used spaces.

Archived