Double Stroller? Anyone?

Prinycesa07

We are cruising in February. Our daughter will be 2 and our son will be 10 months. We have a very nice side by side double stroller but im not sure if that would be more of a hassle than its worth. Its not too wide, its as wide as a wheel chair. Do wheel chairs even fit through the doorway of the rooms? Maybe it would be better to just bring 2 single umbrella strollers? Has anyone ever brought a double stroller? Recommend it or no?

A side-by-side will not work. I've brought double tandem strollers on every cruise with no problem. Wheelchairs only fit through the cabins set up for them, which are usually right near elevators to avoid using the narrow corridors, which would not be wide enough for even the narrowest side-by-side. Can you borrow a tandem or sit n' stand for your trip?

Best,

Mia

Ditto Mia. A side-by-side is not workable. If you can't borrow one, try to pick one up at one of the moms garage sales. We got our DuoGlider at one of those for $50, so we'll probably be able to sell it for the same price (less commission.)

That said, we take the 2 umbrellas rather than the tandem. It's easier to maneuver and allows us to split up and each take one baby. YMMV on that. Also very easy to store out of the way in the show lounges, MDR of buffet. We even take the 2 umbrellas on land vacations where the BOB would be great to have.

Ok, thanks so much girls. I kinda figured it wouldnt fit in the doorway and now thinking about it it would be a huge pain in the butt in places like the buffet, dining room, anywhere really LOL. I'm going to go with the 2 light weight strollers so DH and I could each take one if we wanted to separated (the baby needs a nap, its too hot for him on the island, one is still sleeping and the other wants to eat, etc.) DD also would like to walk about the ship (while holding our hand of course) often. Thanks guys. It will be easier packing too, that thing is kind of heavy!

Archived