Embark at different port on day 3?

heidik

I've done a search and cannot find any information on whether Celebrity allows a person to join the cruise at the 2nd port? I am interested in the Barcelona to Barcelona cruise Sept. 17 but I am going to already be in Rome and would like to just be able to get on at Civitavecchia and start my cruise at that port (on Day 3)...thanks for sharing any experience you have with this...

You probably can do this, but it must be arranged in advance with the cruise line. Occasionally cabotage laws prohibit such alterations in itinerary, but I do not think that would impact your scenario. Do keep in mind that there is always the possibility that the cruise line is not able to dock in Rome for whatever reason (i.e. storm, mechanical problem, strikes etc.). Also you would have to pay for the entire cruise. Here is the phone number at Celebrity you need to call to see if it can be approved: 800-256-6649

I have a friend who joined a Celebrity cruise in Athens last year on day 3 of a 12 day cruise. She had it all arranged in advance and had no trouble. She did have a little problem finding the correct pier in Athens. But it can be done.

Archived