Maya Chan

lindalo5032

We loved Maya Chan when we went Oct of 2011 but when we sailed again in February of 2012 we decided to privately rent a dune buggy for the day, OMG what a blast we had!!! There were four of us, we took a ride out past Maya Chan and stubbled upon this awesome little place to stay on the water, and the owner's name was Pierre and he caught fresh lobster and cooked it up for us....WOW!! Then we drove back to town parked the buggy and walked along the water front shopping and then booked a massage (up-stairs with the ocean view) for $25.00 again WOW...then poured ourselves back into the buggy and back to the port. It was such a great adventure , and we had no tour guide and NO crowds.....PERFECT!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here it is another cold damp day in NW Ohio (they said it would be 56 degrees today, but no dice!) and then I checked the Maya Chan web cam- another wedding on the beach! Oh to be there floating near the beach while Mark or David wades in to bring me a drink......Oh, well, soon!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wait,,,,where do you see a webcam on maya Chen. I love love that place, Mark, Jane and David some of the best folks around. Ever!

They have a web cam on their site:

http://costamayabeachresort.com/costa-maya-resort-information/costa-maya-webcam.html

It's on all the time and you can see things going on there daily.

If you go there yourself, you can stand in front of the web cam and the staff will take your picture on their computer and you can post it to the family or on facebook...or even on here. :D

They have a web cam on their site:

http://costamayabeachresort.com/costa-maya-resort-information/costa-maya-webcam.html

It's on all the time and you can see things going on there daily.

If you go there yourself, you can stand in front of the web cam and the staff will take your picture on their computer and you can post it to the family or on facebook...or even on here. :D

FYI to all re: the webcam: I've had trouble viewing it in IE, but no problem in Firefox or Chrome. So if you can't see it, try another browser.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick review from last week:

1. Water was as usually described. Sea grass present (though they made a valiant effort to keep raking), a little brownish. This did slightly impact my enjoyment of the water

2. Service was great. Drinks were plentiful-coconuts with booze in them were offered up as much as we wanted them.

3. Massages were ok. A good rub down, but don't expect a good workout. Wish the massage area wasn't so near the dining area for lunch. Friends had kind of a noisy massage during lunchtime.

4. Food was superb. Chips, salsa and guac were plentiful and delicious. Lunch was full of good variety and tasty.

5. Palapas were comfortable. Took a brief nap on one of the beds. Bathrooms were very, very clean.

6. Transportation: A little confusing to find the transportation to Maya Chan. We saw two other places that looked like they might be the "taxi stand," but we had to keep going to a big parking lot, around the side of a building. We made sure we had the right place by seeing our names on their clipboard. We took a bus with passengers going to two other places plus Maya Chan. It was ok. They called us vans to taxi us back to the pier when it was time.

Recently back from mid-January visit to Maya Chan. The resort is highly addictive and we can't wait to go back again!

There were eight of us this time, ranging in age from 25 to 91. EVERYONE had a wonderful time -- great food, fantastic service and a pristine beach. In short, a postcard perfect setting where we were treated somewhere between family and visiting royalty.

We've always believed that Maya Chan distinguishes itself not only by its service but the quality of food and beverage. No change there. All ingredients, including alcoholic beverages, are top-shelf. If you choose to drink, you won’t spend that evening and the next morning in your stateroom. I don't drink a lot but can highly recommend the Oreo Chan -- kind of like a chocolate milkshake with a kick!

Again, we can’t wait to go back and have already booked our 2014 cruise with, of course, a planned stop at Maya Chan.

• 2 weeks later...

The food and drink at Maya Chan were the best that we had on our entire cruise- fruit fresh and ripe, not like the generally under-ripe fruit you get on a cruise ship. Lunch was superb and of course the booze was all top-shelf. My husband enjoyed sitting at the bar with Mark, teaching David how he liked his manhattans made. Good memories of some great days at Maya Chan. I have been on 17 cruises and have been to some nice places, but the staff and owners at Maya Chan will always be dear to me.

We will plan our third trip there this coming December. Just there 2 months ago and loved it; total peace.

Great chips, pico de gallo on arrival; lunch good and service exceptional.

The only challenge is the terminal and getting there.

Apparently, the government will not allow the roads to be fixed and the ruts are everywhere.

Once there, ruts are not important.

The way they set you up is great; every group or couple has their own space and it seems private.

How much should be budgeted for drinks? Any other $ needed if visiting here?

If you go to Maya Chan for the day, all the drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are included in your base fare- no additional cost. The only additional cost thing there was a massage- which was about $40 I think. Also, we tipped the staff there about $30- they more than earned it. Maya Chan is fantastic.

How much should be budgeted for drinks? Any other $ needed if visiting here?

Maya Chan is an AI, so you pay one price and that includes everything...the food, appetizers, drinks, canoes, wifi internet, games, sand toys (if you have little ones), snorkeling trip...everything. (Except for the massage as another mentioned). :)

• 2 weeks later...

We did a beach club 4 yrs ago in CM - can't remember which one -Maya Chan looks great - but I am concerned about the apparently limited huts? As much as I like the sun - still need some shade and it appears you are not guaranteed a shade hut?

We did a beach club 4 yrs ago in CM - can't remember which one -Maya Chan looks great - but I am concerned about the apparently limited huts? As much as I like the sun - still need some shade and it appears you are not guaranteed a shade hut?

Yes, every family booked gets a hut. They have a limit on how many people they take each day and everyone is assured their own little "spot/section". No worries. :)

Looks like they are getting ready for a big group at Maya Chan today! I wish I was one of the lucky ones.

Wife and I will be there in 19 days and counting... I've been checking out the beach cam everyday just picturing myself lounging in the sand with an ice cold drink.. Man I can't wait!

You will love it there! The food and drink are amazing and Mark, Jane, and David and the staff are lovely people. Tell them Hi from Laurie from Ohio. Check out the wall of shame - Mark claims that I made it (the 1st visit we had a beachy/water sports time, along with great food and drink. The second time the water was murky- there had been a big storm earlier, so no snorkeling- more of a social day and a tad too much booze....uh, oh! But the next day I was as fresh as a daisy- top shelf hooch is the key. Have a wonderful time no matter which kind of day you have- both were spectacular!

You will love it there! The food and drink are amazing and Mark, Jane, and David and the staff are lovely people. Tell them Hi from Laurie from Ohio. Check out the wall of shame - Mark claims that I made it (the 1st visit we had a beachy/water sports time, along with great food and drink. The second time the water was murky- there had been a big storm earlier, so no snorkeling- more of a social day and a tad too much booze....uh, oh! But the next day I was as fresh as a daisy- top shelf hooch is the key. Have a wonderful time no matter which kind of day you have- both were spectacular!

Top shelf hooch... mmmm that's what I'm talkin bout.. :D