Seabourn waitlists

wave18

Has anyone had any experience with waitlisting on the Sojourn? We have been on two waitlists...with no success. Yes, we paid the $1,000 deposit to get on the list which is refundable. At what point does one give up all hope of getting that magical call? Does anyone know how many days in advance of departure that the waitlist procedure is closed down?

I recently waitlisted on the Northern Crossing - Path of the Vikings cruise which did come through. However, I did not receive a call because my TA waitlisted me as a Category A1; however, I kept my eye on the Seabourn website watching to see if any cabins came available. Sure enough, a V6 came open.

Because I had not been waitlisted specifically for this level, I didn't receive a call but I notified my TA and they got it booked within an hour.

Lessons learned -- be aware how you book your waitlist - if you would accept a different level category, let Seabourn know (not sure how this would be done because on sellouts there aren't usually any general guarantees available but others on this board might know).

Also, keep an eye on the "Suite Fares" tab - which shows which categories are available. They seem to be keeping up to date with these (a great improvement, IMHO).

Don't know the answer on when the waitlists "close down".

Archived