Aft Not Available...

We booked #1406 on FOS for 1/7/07 sailing. It's a Junior Suite and we booked it for 2 people. I was considering moving to #1400 or #1700 (corner Afts). I'll call tomorrow to see if either are available. We've never had an Aft cabin, but are really looking forward to ours on the Jewel, but not until 1/2/06.

I just booked a corner aft balcony cabin on the Mariner for March, 2006. We like a specific cabin and it did not show available on any of the websites I checked. I finally called our travel agent and it wasn't showing for him either. He called RCL and it was available. It's always good to call a travel agent or RCL directly to check and see if a cabin is available.

Jimbo....Do you have the square footage of the D1 and the JS on Freedom?

We're currently booked in an aft JS on the Jewel and the difference between the two is huge. Also, we like the 2 C&A credits with the JS.

Ask for Cabin #1700 or #1400 which are Category D1's on the aft.......The cabins are nearly the same size as the JS's on the aft but are alot less money.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

I had the same experience with availability on the AOS for Jan/06. I wanted GS 1324 on the hump and it wasn't showing as available....a quick call to RCI and I found out it was......needless to say.....BOOKED :D

Jimbo....Do you have the square footage of the D1 and the JS on Freedom?

I'm just going by the deck plans I have seen online of Freedom of the Seas... I'm saying the Corner Category D1's on deck 10 are pretty close in size to any of the JS's on the "side" of the ship on deck 10. I didn't say they were comparable in size to the 2 wake facing JS's on deck 10 which look larger then the Side JS's cabins.

In general I wouldn't pay the extra for JS just to get the 1 extra Cruise Credit, just isn't worth it to me in my opinion.

Another thing, the D1 Corner cabin you might be refering to on the Jewel, Cabin 9256 is no where near as large as Cabin #1700 and #1300.......so don't compare that Category D1 to the ones on Freedom of the Seas on deck 10.

Have you seen deck plans of the Freedom of the Seas yet?

Jimbo... I just booked JS 1706 on the Freedom. I did consider the D1.

I was told by RCI that the JS is 277 sq. ft. with a 65 sq. ft. balcony and the D1 is 202 sq. ft. with a 40 sq. ft. balcony.

Funny, the Jewel JS is 293 sq. ft. with a 66 sq. ft. balcony and the D1 is 204 sq. ft. with a 41 sq. ft. balcony.

So, I was either given incorrect info, or the Freedom cabins really aren't the largest cabins in the RCI fleet. Interesting, huh:confused:

Jimbo... I just booked JS 1706 on the Freedom. I did consider the D1.

I was told by RCI that the JS is 277 sq. ft. with a 65 sq. ft. balcony and the D1 is 202 sq. ft. with a 40 sq. ft. balcony.

Basically they just gave you the generic figures for the Voyager Class Vessels........I don't think they have a clue at RCCL what the square footage is of those cabins on Freedom of the Seas.

Any idea if #1700 or #1300 was available for the sailing you booked, you could book both the JS and D1 cabin on the aft for your sailing and then after pictures come out of the new ship, you just cancel the cabin you decide you don't want.......Might be able to save a cool $1000 dollars if the Category D1 becomes acceptable to you after seeing pictures.

Jimbo...Do I just give them 2 different names for the other cabin? Never booked more than one. Thanks!

Basically they just gave you the generic figures for the Voyager Class Vessels........I don't think they have a clue at RCCL what the square footage is of those cabins on Freedom of the Seas.

Any idea if #1700 or #1300 was available for the sailing you booked, you could book both the JS and D1 cabin on the aft for your sailing and then after pictures come out of the new ship, you just cancel the cabin you decide you don't want.......Might be able to save a cool $1000 dollars if the Category D1 becomes acceptable to you after seeing pictures.

Archived