Name of resturant Marcello takes you?

seaver

Dose anyone know the name of the restaurant that Marcello takes you that is in the hills with a beautiful views and GREAT food? Want to go back ,but need the name.If anyone has photos that would be great.

Thanks

Dose anyone know the name of the restaurant that Marcello takes you that is in the hills with a beautiful views and GREAT food? Want to go back ,but need the name.If anyone has photos that would be great.

Thanks

Which port?

If you are referring to the Amalfi Coast, it MIGHT be La Trattoria Tagliata in Positano. It has the most amazing views!

http://www.latagliata.com/en/photogallery_restaurant_positano

I think it's in Pontone, the only restaurant there. Here is a quote from a recent thread: As part of our day, Salvatore chosen a wonderful place for lunch, which was halfway between Amalfi and Ravello. It was called Restorante San Giovanni, located on via S. Maria, lust behind the piazza of Pontone, in the town of Pontone. The food was all local specialties, everyting was fresh and homemade, even the wine. The view was fantastic. You looked just above you and saw the town of Ravello, while just in front & below you were wonderful views of the coastline below. Prices were very reasonable as well.

Thanks

It was in Pontone. I think this is the link to it.

http://www.ristorantesangiovanni.com/eng/ristorante.html

I think this is it...

http://www.lanticoborgo.it/english%20html/index.html

What a fantastic day and lunch. The view was amazing and the food wonderful.

Marcello did a great job...

I think you're right. I remember having to walk up those stairs to get to the restaurant. I asked marcello to take us there again in Sept.

nancy

I think you're right. I remember having to walk up those stairs to get to the restaurant. I asked marcello to take us there again in Sept.

nancy

I will always remember Nonna (grandmother) dressed in black in the kitchen working on the zucchini flowers. This was family run restaurant and they were very welcoming. The food kept coming and coming...many courses with wine and all delicious. With dessert they served lemoncello and meloncello and several other "cello"s. It was one of the highlights of our cruise!

Hope you have another fantastic day with Marcello.

Thanks

He does several... are you talking above Portofino or Ravello?

He does several... are you talking above Portofino or Ravello?

Not sure,Lanticoborgo may be it,just don't remember walking up steps. The photos on there web site aren't the best,If anyone has more please post.

The one thing I remember is that we did not order anything they just brought it and the wine was served in small ceramic pitchers.

I can't email Marcello cause my wife and I share an email address and I want her to be surprised when go there next June.

PS We where there 4 years ago.

I remember him asking whether we wanted to eat in Ravello or to wait til we got back to Positano. We waited til Positano and it was great. They just kept bringing food. We didn't know about that and filled up too early. Never made it to the meat course. But they insisted on bringing us some desserts anyway.

This restaurant was above Positano, way above. The view from the bathroom was great, nicely framed by the window. I believe it was the La Trattoria Tagliata.

I believe they have moved since 2007 when we were there, so the bathroom window doesn't have that great view anymore.

Which port?

If you are referring to the Amalfi Coast, it MIGHT be La Trattoria Tagliata in Positano. It has the most amazing views!

http://www.latagliata.com/en/photogallery_restaurant_positano

WE WENT THERE!!!!!! Just got back!!!!!! It's way high up in the hills (ok, almost the clouds) of Positano. It's a family style restaurant where you sit and they bring you the food. The bufallo mozzarella is TO DIE FOR....Amazing views is an understatement--you are so far/high up------enjoy!

Archived