Rhapsody of the Seas

We are looking at cruising on ROS on April 17th and just wondering about this ship... I did a little research on it and we are getting a really good deal.. We normally cruise with Carnival but want to try something different this time..

Are the activities similar on all cruise lines?

Do they do daily evening shows?

Are the inside rooms decent sized?

How is the food comparable to Carnival?

My last question is regarding the food in more detail.. I promise Im a picky eater and I dont like fancy foods like my boyfriend does.. Im happy with a burger and fries honestly at most times :D If I dont like something on the dining room menu will they get me a steak if I ask for one?? I did ask for steak and baked potato several nights when we were on Conquest a few weeks ago and it was never any problem.. is this a problem on RCI? I assume on a 7 day cruise there are 2 formal nights.. Do they offer lobster on one of the nights like Carnival?

I really appreciate anyones input..

TIA

If I remember correctly...you can order steak if you do not find anything you like on the menu. Take a risk...try something new!;)

I enjoyed the shows and there seems to be things to do or you can totally relax...

We are looking at cruising on ROS on April 17th and just wondering about this ship... I did a little research on it and we are getting a really good deal.. We normally cruise with Carnival but want to try something different this time..

Are the activities similar on all cruise lines?

Do they do daily evening shows?

Are the inside rooms decent sized?

How is the food comparable to Carnival?

My last question is regarding the food in more detail.. I promise Im a picky eater and I dont like fancy foods like my boyfriend does.. Im happy with a burger and fries honestly at most times :D If I dont like something on the dining room menu will they get me a steak if I ask for one?? I did ask for steak and baked potato several nights when we were on Conquest a few weeks ago and it was never any problem.. is this a problem on RCI? I assume on a 7 day cruise there are 2 formal nights.. Do they offer lobster on one of the nights like Carnival?

I really appreciate anyones input..

TIA

It happens we were on the Rhapsody 2 months ago.

Yes the activities are simular. But on RCL Quest is a must see.

There will be a 50's- 60's night also.

There are shows every night.

I have not been on Carnival since 1994 so I can not compare the food.

There is lobster the 2nd formal night.

Along with the regular menu every night you can get;

Caeser Salad

Steak

Salmon

They also have a "lighter" version of many of the entree's

Our first 2 cruises were on Princess and we had such a great time that we were afraid to change lines. We got over it... It will be difficult but try to enjoy the cruise you are on as a new experiance. You will make comparisons, but just take the time to enjoy. We have cruised with 10 different lines on 30 different ships. Some were better than others but we have enjoyed them all.

Hi,

We are going on the Rhapsody on that same cruise. It is our second time on the Rhapsody. We began cruising with Carnival and have been on Holland America and Princess. This will be our third cruise on RCCL. You will enjoy RCCL just as much as Carnival.

In my opinion the food is better than Carnival. You have basic food choices every night as previously stated. You can ask for anything every night and if it is possible your waiter will get it for you.

You will find that the shows may be just a bit weaker than Carnival, but they are still good. I can't tell you about the inside rooms because we have always had an outside or a balcony. RCCL has the same amount of activities if you want to participate.

If you decide to go on this cruise, sign up for the meet and mingle. We have 21 signed up and need 4 more to get a party.

Kevin

Thanks for all the responses.. I just have so many questions :D we've done Carnival so much that I just didnt know what the differences actually are... I will know for sure tomorrow if we will be going.. Im about 99% sure.. but am double checking at work before I pay for it since its so close I wont get my money back if I cancel.. so I have to make sure.. I will be sure to sign up for the meet and mingle if we do.. where do I sign up for this?

hello again, waterbound. I've only been on the Jubilee of Carnival's and ROTS if RCCL... inside cabins on both. the one on Carnival was bigger, just a tad bit. i'd say on Carnival theres a small "sitting area" btwn the vanity and the bed... yeah, on RCCL, you still have that sitting area, but i'd say it's about half of Carnival's.

the food... i agree w endi. the food on ROTS is "nothing to write home about." i think i remem it being bland. but the bread is realllllllllllly good! if my bf wasn't on the Atkins, i think i would have eaten both my wieght and his in bread. but then, i love bread, can you tell? (But Carnival's croissants were better than ROTS's)

the shows are the same quality. one of the nights, the dancers were in full costume and were mingling around, don't remem seeing that on Carnival.

activities were the same as well. and the Quest is a definite MUST SEE. DO NOT MISS IT. i repeat, DO NOT MISS IT. that's all i'll say about that.

Thanks for the responses.. I am happy to write that we were both able to get that week off so I have called and booked it! Im really excited to try something different.. It sounds as if we will have a great time.. My boyfriend is esp wanting to try the rock wall...

We have sailed twice on Rhapsody and loved it both times. Don't go in with a pre-conceived idea of the food. DW and I are not picky eaters, but love to eat. We did not find anything that wasn't good. Different strokes for different folks.

The crew are very friendly.

If you haven't signed up for the meet & mingle, do it now and find the roll call for your cruise. Meet everyone you can and don't wait till the ship schedules one. Meet at the sailaway.

Check out the webshots link in my signature for great pics.

Waterbound, I see you live in Bedford. Go to the Floataway Lounge and check out the DFW area M&M.

Just returned on Sunday after sailing on the Rhapsody. March 13th was the first cruise with their "new" menu. Each night at dinner there is the same list of Alternate Selections. I remember two items - Rosemary Chicken and NY Strip Steak.

You can also order from the kids menu - burgers, hot dogs, fries, macaroni & cheese, etc.

You will be fine, have fun!!! I'm kinda jealous :o.

Just got back today from the Rhapsody and it was great as usual. You can get multiple entrees or other items if you wish. One girl at out table had 3 lobster tails. You can also get shrimp cocktail every night if you ask for it ahead of time. i also had them bring me Key Lime pie every night. :D

Archived