RCI reservation helpdesk!?

Verfai

Hey all,

I just got a reply from the RCI international helpdesk through this email address: reservationroyal@rccl.com

This is my original mail, what I think is very well formed in near perfect English:

-----

Dear,

We have just received our cruise documentation (reservation nr *********,

Liberty OTS, **********) in I think Spanish or Portuguese, this coming

from the Brazil office of Royal Caribbean…

I think this is a mistake, as we are in Europe, Belgium and don’t speak

Spanish or Portuguese.

Can we please receive new ones, this time preferably in English.

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Kristof

-------

This is the reply I got back from RCI:

Greetings:

You are correct. We understand we have a challenge with the documents

coming in Portuguese. However you next step is to go on line, for check -

in and print out your Set Sail Pass. This will include all the information

that is in Portuguese. .

Regards

---------

Is this normal!? Whilst I well know that those cruise documentations are unnecessary, would you accept a reply like this or have documentation in a language that you don’t understand!? And where the **** are they sending this from, I know babys that talk better English when they are doing jiberish turkey talk!

I will call the office, and I really hope they have somebody there that speaks English...Just have to wait for the sun to come up in the USA.

Greets

Seems perfectly clear to me - they know there is an issue with automatically issuing documents in Portuguese for these cruises, but all the information you need is online in English. Which bit are you having difficulty understanding? The only real language issue is customer service speak - "challenge" for "problem"

Seems perfectly clear to me - they know there is an issue with automatically issuing documents in Portuguese for these cruises, but all the information you need is online in English. Which bit are you having difficulty understanding? The only real language issue is customer service speak - "challenge" for "problem"

Okay, you haven’t read a word.......

Greetings: (You do not speak to a customer with greetings, and certainly no double point, dear Sir,)

You are correct. We understand we (=that you) have a challenge (=a problem) with the documents coming (=you have received) in Portuguese. However you (=youR) next step is to go on line (=online to what), for check-in (=to complete the online check in) and print out your Set Sail Pass. This will include all the information

that is in Portuguese. .

This is NOT how a company like Royal Caribbean should answer helpdesk calls...I haven’t studied in English for 5 years, to get a mail from an American company that has a lay out and grammar like the one above...

That is unacceptable AND that you get travel documents in another language is even more unacceptable...AND YES, I fully know I don’t need these to get on the ship...However I always read all the fine print a company sends me. The "set sail" pass existing out of 1 page does not contain all the info that is in the cruise documents which exists out of numerous pages.

Did you book through a TA or direct with RCI?

If RCI, was it by phone or online and was it RCI UK or another office?

We live in Spain but book direct with RCI UK. All our documentation and communications are in English.

I just pressed “book now” on the RCI site...The site is set to Europe Belgium and all is in English. Than the confirmation mail, also containing the cruise documentations where in Portuguese, singed of by RCI Brazil office...!?

Last time we booked via TA, this was all in English :S

looks like somebody needs to learn Spanish or Portuguese quick :P

well... can't you call rccl uk reservation site? or do live chat on rccl to correct this issue?

Do you think they will want to help? It would be easier with a EU time zone....

Hey, I just called, all international bookings done online are only visible to the US helpdesk.

The UK has a dedicated RCI site, Belgium apparently not so it considered as an international booking....Time EST 4:55am...still have to wait for a while.

You are correct. We understand we have a challenge (=a problem) with the documents coming (=you have received) in Portuguese. However you (=youR) next step is to go on line (=online to what), for check-in (=to complete the online check in) and print out your Set Sail Pass. This will include all the information that is in Portuguese.

I'm confused... are you sure you speak English fluently as that entire email they sent you was perfect in describing what you need to do. I saw no gramatical errors as you claim and I do speak and communicate in English every single day.

A) Greetings is a common word used to start a letter of this nature to a customer.

B) "We" refers to the company, not you.

C) "with the documents coming in Portuguese" described what language they were in, not that you had received the wrong ones. They fully acknowledge they have system problems and sent it to you in the wrong language but have no quick fix for the mailing process.

D) They offered you a solution... go online (seriously, does this need to be explained to you? They have a website and clearly you know this since you emailed them instead of calling) and view the documentation (in English) there.

Pretty simple. They don't expect you to read it all in another language because you can read it all in English online when you do your Set Sail Pass.

You asked for the documents to be in English so writing you back in American English seems perfectly acceptable to me and they did a fine job with it.

I can understand the OP wanting a copy of his booking confirmation in English. I always request one as well since not everything on the confirmation is clearly shown in the website. On my confirmation, it shows that I have $100 OBC but I cannot find that listed anywhere on the website. The website shows that I have -$725 in "optional" items, but the confirmation breaks it out into -$225 diamond balcony discount and -$500 Visa certificate.

Archived