Leaving on 03/26... what time do I get there?

lakerman

Hello all,

I will be on the Oosterdam this Saturday at the San Diego port (03/26) and according to the tickets, it says the ship leaves at 5pm and to be there by 3pm. What time do you suggest my partner and I get there? I have no idea as this is my first cruise.

Thank you,

Lakerman

lakerman-HAL ships commence boarding at about 11:30 - there might be some delay due to lines actually getting on board at that time. If you embark before 1 to 1:30pm, you can check your carry-on bags and go have lunch up on the Lido Deck and explore the public areas of the ship. There will be an announcement when the cabins are ready-pick up your carry-ons and then head to your cabin. If you do lunch on the the Lido, try the bread pudding-the best! HAL only serves the bread pudding during lunch hour each day.

So, short answer: you can board anytime after 11:30 but I'd recommend you check-in no later than 4pm.

On our last HAL cruise (out of San Diego), we checked in at around 3pm and walked right on without any waiting.

Have a great first cruise and hope you like the HAL experience and the Oosterdam!

Archived