Question on cruise insurance

SF

We want to get travel insurance as we always do but this time we didn't get it before initial deposit or right afterwards and we are now past the time where pre-existing conditions would be included. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will include pre-existing conditions (even at a little higher rate) if you're past the 10, 14, or 21 day period from initial deposit? Haven't left final payment yet.

Im looking for help with the same thing. We are traveling with someone that found out they have cancer. We were told we could get the insurance at anytime before final payment when we booked, so we didn't worry about it. We didn't know anything about the pre-existing conditions thing. I will call to see but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone has any info that could be helpful. Thanks:)

pins5:

I haven't heard anything in regards to which company will include pre-existing except for kitty9's post which I'll check out tomorrow. If you find any new information please post.

kitty 9:

Thanks for posting and giving us the information. I'll check out CSA's policys tomorrow.

I just checked out CSA's policies and none of them cover pre-existing unless you bought them within the given number of days at time of initial deposit. Doesn't help those that are past that time.

Most will not. As for the one with cancer, no way. If anything goes wrong the first question they ask is when was he/she diagnoised with this. Then they ask when you made inital deposit and final payment. If it falss inbetween then you will not be covered. How do I know this, my husband died 8 days before our first cruise a few years back. We had insurance but because he died from Primary liver cancer, they wanted the exact date of first supected dianosise (sp). It was inbetween the two dates. We had insurance coving it so they paid but if we had waited it would have been too bad, so sad.

CaptData Im so sorry for your loss. I really appreciate your help. Our friend has liver cancer also so things don't look so good, but he is really hoping that he can make the cruise. I didn't think there would be anything, but I just thought I would give it a try.

Thanks everyone for your help

Hope you all have a nice Easter!:)

Bev

Archived