Question re formula fed babies while cruising on Disney

Aelsantokie

My sister had the same issue on our 9/8 cruise. We found this on teh DCL site

" Feeding infants.

If you are looking for jarred baby food, there is a small selection in the merchandise shop. If you are looking for ultimate convenience in packing for your little one - I suggest using the Babies Trave Lite service. This service allows you to pre-order baby items such as food, diapering supplies, formula, bottles, bathing etc. and they will be delivered directly to your Disney Cruise Line stateroom.

They offer a wide variety of baby foods, the same trusted products you use at home, including a full line of organic and Earth-friendly products.

If you are not looking for jarred food, but more baby-friendly foods (such as having one of the offered vegetables pureed or ordering the chicken sans seasoning/sauces), those requests can be accommodated. The staff cannot, however, heat, warm or prepare any food that you bring with you to the dining room. "

The link is http://www.babiestravellite.com/?AFFIL=DCL

Enjoy the cruise!

BD

Hi there.

For our 7 day cruise last December with our 11 month old, we used pre-made cans for the days we travelled to/from the ship and used powder mixed with bottled water while on board. We purchased the package of Evian water once onboard as we had some OBC to use.

The pre-made cans would have been more convenient, but that's a lot of extra weight to drag with you, not to mention the cost of this vs. powder.

Thanks to the dual sinks in the cabins, I reserved the sink in the bathroom with the tub for cleaning and drying the bottles and made sure that I had a small bottle of dishwashing soap to do so.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jill

We used babies travel lite and it was a great servcie and well worth the cost. Everything was waiting in our room upon arrival! I found the prices to be that of a store if the item was not on sale. You're on vacation, treat yourself.

I will have a 6 month old in October when we cruise and I was planning on bringing mostly the ready to feed formula in the bottles from Similac. That way I can just dispose of them when she is done and no need to clean bottles. They are expensive but I think it will be worth it! I will bring a can of powder and 2 of her normal bottles too as a back up.

Nicole

Thank you to everyone who replied. I feel much more comfortable with what I will do with the formula/water situation.

I live 3 hours away from port and since we will drive there, most likely I will be doing all the shopping at home and packing it myself. But these services are certainly handy for people who are flying in from far away places!

Archived