NO Cameras allowed? Carnival Discover Scuba

agc291

Can anyone who has done the Discover Scuba in Cozumel tell me your experience with an underwater camera? According to Carnivals site one of the notes is "no underwater cameras allowed":confused: We did the same Carnival in St. Thomas and this as not mentioned nor inforced....

Unless you are a certified diver they won't let you carry a camera on scuba excursions. They are worried about you bumping into the reef. You can take it snorkeling or on the Seatrek and Snuba deals though.

Novice and beginner divers really shouldn't have cameras with them. Issues with buoyancy, gas management, losing the group, and the health of the reef immediately come to mind and I'm sure there are more.

If you are interested in underwater photography, get a couple dozen dives under your belt first. It's a great sport to get into, but I hope your pockets are deep!

If you only want that keepsake photo of you 40 ft deep, I'd think handing the DM a $20 along with your underwater camera might help. (or if you cover my expenses I will come with you and be your personal underwater photographer!)

Be sure to know how deep your camera is rated to!

Archived