Grand Princess - Any better since first sailing after dry dock?

csaeroach

I booked the Grand Princess for Feb 18, 2012 sailing, and went to read the reviews since the dry dock / refit, and boy was I surprised. So many people were not very happy on that first sailing after the dry dock. Even read about brown water coming out of taps (which I find hard to believe on a Princess ship?), public areas and cabins very dirty, very rude staff, food was just okay to bad most nights .... just wondering if anyone could post who has recently sailed on this ship, and if things have improved?

I thought I would be reading how beautiful the changes were but not many posts which were positive after dry dock. This has me concerned I picked the wrong ship for our Feb 2012 cruise? I was excited for the dry dock and watched the pictures and videos Princess posted, and it all seemed so lovely.

Princess is one of our favourite cruise lines, and I just can not believe the recent reviews. I sure hope they corrected things and this ship is still not as bad as recent reviews on CC?:confused:

I was on that first cruise after dry dock and pointed out a number of negatives in my review - but they were all dry dock related. Don't go expecting a brand new ship - it's not. Only the public areas got a facelift but they are really beautiful. When you go, pay attention to all the tile in the IC area. So many different kinds, but all perfectly matched.

Our cabin was average. No better, no worse than other ships. Just don't expect new.

We had a great time on the ship, in spite of the ongoing construction. I'm sure you will too.

Archived