Lost Sea Pass Card?

I actually thought I had lost mine last year on Labadee. I retraced my steps and could not find it and was really freaking out. I thought I was going to have to be a native. I talked to the security guard at the tender station and he said it wasn't a big deal he would just alert the ship and they would let me back on and issue me a new card. Luckily I found it in my beach bag, but I felt better knowing that if I had lost it It wouldn't be that big of a problem.

Hubby had his unknowingly switched with someone else's in the dining room one night. He didn't realize it until he tried to get off the boat in a port and they wouldn't let him. Went to the purser's desk and took maybe 3 minutes to get new card. Was one charge we questioned, and although we felt we were getting the run around (kept being told to come back later), the charge was taken off our account.

Hubby had his unknowingly switched with someone else's in the dining room one night. He didn't realize it until he tried to get off the boat in a port and they wouldn't let him. Went to the purser's desk and took maybe 3 minutes to get new card. Was one charge we questioned, and although we felt we were getting the run around (kept being told to come back later), the charge was taken off our account.

Something like this happened to me too. It must have been in the theatre when I bought a drink at the show that the bartender mixed up the cards. I didn´t recognize until after dinner when I wnated to pay my loving cup shot ;) .

Luckily the name and the dining room table number is listed on the card. I simply went to that table and the guy was still there. He hadn´t recognized the mistake yet and as I called out his name at the table he looked at me like hey do we know each other. We had a good laugh out of this and there was no problem with any charges. Good thing when I got back to my table my after dinner shot was already paid for:D . That´s what I like about making new friends at dinner (just kidding).

Lost mine card once, don´t know up to know how and where I lost it. Only possibility is that it was blown away as I had been on deck and it was very very windy and I had it in a pocket in my shirt. However I went to the pursers desk and got a new one without any problems. They cancelled the old one and gave me a statement about my account to check if there are any charges that are not mine, but everything was ok.

So it´s really no problem. Unless you do something stupid like I did. I had used the seapass card to run the safe, although they tell you not to use it for this purpose (It was on the Legend and there they have the safes you need a credit card to open and close - I like the ones with a digit code better). However as I didn´t want to take a credit card with me I used my seapass for it and of course I couldn´t open it again after they gave me a new card as replacement for the lost one.

I had to call the pursers desk again and tell them. They had to send a technician and a security officer to my room to open the safe with a master key. I was sooo embarassed.

You don't need to use a credit card for the safes on the Legend....any card with a magnetic strip will do. Library card, Von's card, Costco card, etc. :)

Yes, but Seapass was definitely not such a good idea.

BTW the technician told me that with other than credit cards they often have problems, as they may work but not properly and many times the people can´t get into the safe again. (Just what the technician told me). Now, if I know before, I take an expired Credit card for this purpose.

My stepson lost his card at the beach in Cozumel (he was 12 at the time). He insisted on keeping the card in his pocket...what a MISTAKE! As we were leaving the beach, he discovered the card was gone. He was TERRIFIED that they wouldn't allow him back on the ship and that he'd become an orphan in Cozumel!!! :o

My husband took him back to the ship while my daughter and I shopped for a bit, just in case there was a delay. He had NO trouble getting back on...they asked his name, checked the passenger log, and let him back on. He had a new card within 15 minutes....and always knew where it was for the rest of the cruise!!!

This isn't quite the same thing, but I had an odd experience with my Seapass once:

In the cruise terminal my whole family checked in and was issued Seapasses. When we boarded the ship -- only minutes later -- they ran the cards through the "you're boarding now" machine and mine didn't work! They sent me to a small room on one side of the walkway and checked my Seapass (and my husband was giving me the "the kids and I will really miss you" look). They said they'd given me a defective card, and they made me a new one.

Archived