disembarkation -How long does it take with concierge?

ceciliarobo

Hello , Im booked on silhouette 17th march sailing to Caribbean and am really excited!!!

However, i need to know how long it takes to disembark when ship docks at 8am back at New York?? as I need to book my flights home again.

Hope someone can help-as it will probably be from JFK or Newark and i need to factor in time to cross NY.

Thanks

You might want to visit the Royal Caribbean boards for a thread about a recent situation with Freedom of the Seas.

And Bayonne in March has the possibility of snow. Totally unpredictable. We were there early this year and it took several hours to get from the ship until we crossed the Hudson river. If I had to fly, I would spend the night.

Just because they start disembarking at 8am doesn't mean that's the time you'll be leaving the ship. You'll be assigned color coded luggage tags, and they give those tags to establish your time to leave the ship. Unless you do self disembarking, which means you carry all your luggage off by yourself, which is something I don't recommend for Bayonne, you will be the first to leave the ship. But with a 7pm departure from Newark, you'll have more than enough time to make your flight, and you'll probably be the last group off the ship.

I dont believe that you will "cross New York" since you will fly out of Newark. The ship comes into Bayonne, New Jersey, not New York. Bayonne is quite close to the airport at Newark. You would need to cross Manhattan only if you were flying from JFK or LaGuardia airports. As it is, you will be sitting at Newark Airport for much of the day to catch a flight in the evening. Are you flying internationally and that is why the flight is so late in the day?

Yes, we are flying to england. No one else from England has posted on the forums yet (I think !) so we`ll be outnumbered. ;)

Maybe we could drop our luggage off somewhere and spend a little time in manhatten before we go to Newark Airport ??

Do you think this is feasible?

Feasible maybe, but a bit of hassle and possibly pricey as well -- public transport just isn't so easy sometimes. You first would need to check with your airline to see how early they will accept bags. Each airline is different. If they would allow you to check your bag in the morning and get your boarding pass, you could take a taxi or shared van to Newark, check in, and take public transportation from Newark into Manhatten. You might get three or four hours there, and then would head back to Newark to go through security for your flight. But some airlines won't let you check in any earlier than three or four hours prior to your flight, so that plan wouldn't work. Start by calling your airline to see what its regulations are.

Archived