Fat Fish Adventure Jet Ski Tour

mateck810

Hi Everyone!

First post, first cruise (Celebrity Solstice 2/5/12 to Western Carib.) My DH and I are thinking about the Fat Fish Adventure Jet Ski tour to Stingray City at Georgetown. I have read only good things about this tour and am excited about it. However, I am not a speed demon and am worried that we might hold up other skiiers. I would hate to ruin a good time for someone else because I'd rather take a slower pace. Does anyone know how this tour works? Can we take an easy pace without slowing others down? or do we need to stick together? How fast DO skiiers prefer to go on this tour?

Thank you for your suggestions and tips.

Hi. My wife and I did this tour in April. We had a blast. :D There were 5 people on the tour (on 3 jet skis) plus the tour leader. The owner picked us up in a van and took us to where the wave runners were. We got a brief orientation and then headed out. We started out fairly slowly as we headed to and through some mangroves (idle speed through them). Then we headed over to Stingreay City. At this point we were going faster - not crazy fast but faster. Our guide (great guy) told us the RPM range that we should try to maintain for the best ride. The tour leader didn't leave anyone behind, but there would be some separation. When that happened he would slow down or stop to wait on the slowpoke. ;) After playing with the stingrays (very cool) we went a short distance away to a small reef and snorkled a bit. The water was beautiful - plenty of fish & nice coral. We then zipped (everyone is more comfortable on the wave runners and going faster now) over to a small beach with starfish on it. We were only there for 15-20 minutes. Then we headed back to where the excursion started. The water was initially a bit rougher on this leg of the trip, but we didn't go slower slower. It was fun. Once we got near shore we really opened them up as we parallelled the shore. :D The water was like glass at that point. After we were all done, we tipped our guide and hopped back in the van. They then drove us to a bar not too far from the port that we wanted to visit.

So, to answer your question, you really can't poke along at your own pace. For us, the speed never seemed excessive and everyone went faster as we got more comfortable on the jet skis. Not everyone went the same speed at first, but we all kept together more after the first leg or two. If you don't think you would be willing to try and keep up, then this tour may not be for you. I suggest you call Fat Fish and speak to them. They seemed very friendly and helpful when I spoke to them.

We really enjoyed the excursion. :) The folks at Fat Fish did a great job. I highly recommend it.

I hope that helps.

Tim

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my concerns. Your thoughts on "easing" into the speed and growing accustomed to operating the jet skis makes a lot of sense. I think we'll probably take this tour and have a great time. Thanks again!;)

We took this tour last year and my son started out a little slower than everyone else and didn't feel left behind. He soon figured out that if you went a little faster it made getting over the wavers quicker.

This is probably one of our favorite excursions. We are heading back to Cayman next year and are thinking about booking it again.

I will admit though that the stringrays kind of freaked me out for some reason but the rest of the tour made up for it.

Archived