Early Saver Drop - 6 Months Out - Maybe?

Bobblefrog

Just checked the Carnival fareviewer for our upcoming cruise - I didn't really expect anything as it is still six months out, but the ES for our cabin (PT) did appear to drop. I doublechecked the ship, sail date, cabin type, number of passengers (like five times), took a screenshot and submitted the request via the online form. I requested OBC. We'll see what happens!

Might be a state related thing - we are not past guests nor over 55.

It's for $80 total which would be kind of nice. I wanted to post this since I know people wonder how far out they should start checking. Was really surprised.

Caveat: I have read here though that there are fare issues at the Carnival site - since I can't go further on the fareviewer it may be related to that. Yesterday I checked when I read the thread and the fare was what it had been. So, I'm hopeful, and we'll see. I'll post back and let everyone know what the outcome is!

Just checked the Carnival fareviewer for our upcoming cruise - I didn't really expect anything as it is still six months out, but the ES for our cabin (PT) did appear to drop. I doublechecked the ship, sail date, cabin type, number of passengers (like five times), took a screenshot and submitted the request via the online form. I requested OBC. We'll see what happens!

Might be a state related thing - we are not past guests nor over 55.

It's for $80 total which would be kind of nice. I wanted to post this since I know people wonder how far out they should start checking. Was really surprised.

Caveat: I have read here though that there are fare issues at the Carnival site - since I can't go further on the fareviewer it may be related to that. Yesterday I checked when I read the thread and the fare was what it had been. So, I'm hopeful, and we'll see. I'll post back and let everyone know what the outcome is!

If you get the price drop you are before final payment so they won't give you OBC your final payment amount will drop. Hey it's all your cash.

Woohoo! Just checked my email and there was the confirmation that my price drop was approved.

They said it could take up to three days in the automated email you get after submission - so once again very surprised and quite happy to see it happen so soon. The ES drop fairy couldn't have been kinder.

We booked in full at the time we bought the tickets so it should go to OBC.

Went to the carnival site to manage cruise - it shows us booked at the lower rate, then the line item showing the amount we paid in full and then finally the a line showing us an $80 Booking Charge/Credit.

So from here - how and when does it get distributed to the S&S cards? Not sure how OBC translates to those two cards we'll have on the account. Appreciate any advice!

When you board, the credit should be there; however, I always take a print out of the credit from Carnival's Manage My Booking, just in case.

I will definitely make sure that's part of my paperwork - EXCELLENT suggestion, thank you!

So just to clarify (since I've never cruised before :-) OBC is 'distributed' to each sign & sail card at the purser's office, per your request, when you board? This would include if you bought FS dollars in advance and had them applied to your account?

Or is this part of the checkin process before you board? When they ask how you'll be funding your S&S card and actually give them to you?

My cruise has had 2 drops and it is still 7 months out. Keep checking, you never know!

My next one is in the middle of hurricane season and has done nothing but go up since we booked. Oh well, luck of the game I guess.

Yea, the price for my balcony cabin in January went down a whole ten dollars...

It is still 5 months away....Guess we should just keep checking...

First drink i guess is paid for already...:D

LOL! Cost of a drink is nothing to sneer at ... and yes, from everything I've researched, keep checking :D

Archived