Rhodes: X-cursion 'Journey to Lindos'

porsena

Has anyone been on this excursion lately? I'd like to know how long X's bus spends in Lindos. The brochure is unclear but the wording suggests the stop could be as little as 45 minutes. Also, does this tour still include a mandatory shopping break for ceramics?

Has anyone been on this excursion lately? I'd like to know how long X's bus spends in Lindos. The brochure is unclear but the wording suggests the stop could be as little as 45 minutes. Also, does this tour still include a mandatory shopping break for ceramics?

Sorry I cannot answer you specific question, but do you really want to go to Lindos? Rhodes town itself is really lovely and deserves a visit. It is medieval style walled city that you could easily walk round on your own. This was one of my favourite ports when we did this a few years back...

I agree with Lbackwith. On our Eastern Med cruise Rhodes was really the surprise of the whole trip.

We did not take the cruise and chose to walk around the town. As it turned out, a cabbie was offering his service (they are everywhere around the port) and he said he would drive us around for 50 Euros. He actually took us out to Lindos and asked if we wanted to walk down to the site. It was brutally hot and we chose not to. In a couple hours he showed us all over the place and dropped us off back at Rhodes town.

We had a great day, lunch in the old town and back to the ship. The old town is really a nice spot. We felt we never missed anything.

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm aware that Rhodes was the home of the Knights of St John (before they were evicted to Malta) for over two centuries and offers many attractions, related and not. I'm also aware that Lindos can be visited by bus, taxi, or private tour. However, I'm looking for recent information specifically on this Celebrity excursion.

Archived