Miami tour - time to kill before flight home?

rowlady

We will be cruising on the Epic transatlantic and returning to Miami in early November. Our flight home isnt until 6:00 pm so we are looking for an interesting way to spend the day instead of sitting in the airport. NCL offers a post cruise tour of the Everglades but we are not interested in that. We were hoping for something like a land/cruise tour that highlights the city by bus and then cruises the waterways so we can see how the rich and famous live. I cant seem to find a tour company that works with cruise passengers and their luggage (at least a company that doesnt need a large group - we are only 2 people). Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for any advice.........

Debbie

Bayside Market Place (the tourist spot across the street from the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami) has a couple of options.

Right in front where the taxi would drop you off is a tourist stand that sells tours.

They will also (for a fee) store your luggage for you.(Edit: They did last year anyway)

They offer combo City Tours ( the tour takes you all over to include South Beach, Coral Gabels, Little Havana, etc,etc on air conditioned bus). Then they drop you back at Bayside, you walk to the waterfront and you board a boat that takes a tour of Millionaires Row (those islands out there in the bay where all the rich and famous live).

Thank you Klfrodo - that is exactly the type of tour I was thinking of! Do you happen to know what company provides the tours so I could call and ask some questions? Also - what do you estmate the cost of the taxi to run from pier to Bayside Market Place? Thanks again for the advice!

Debbie

Your problem will be your luggage unless your airline and ship allows for sending your bags in advance. Or as mentioned the tour stand holds your bags. I guess for security I'd want to know more about that.

If you sign up for a ship excursion, they still will get you to the airport waaay before your flight. Usually at 2:00 at the latest. But MIA is huge you can find things to bide your time there.

If you can figure out the luggage thing, then cab it to Bayside for a tour from there as mentioned. Just use google. Maybe info will be on the Bayside Mall site. I can't remember. Another fun tour is the Ducks Tour. Land and sea. Nice overview. You'd have to cab it to the starting point tho.

Archived