Corkage Fee in MDR

DaisyGirl55

I know there is a corkage fee of $10 in the MDR if I bring my own bottle of wine, but I have some questions.

Is this charged only the first time the bottle is opened?

If I do not finish my bottle, do they store it for me, or do I bring it back to my room after dinner, and then back to the table the following night?

I enjoy a glass or two of white zin with my meals, and I would rather bring my own bottle and pay a corkage fee of $10 per bottle rather than paying the average price of $6 per glass.

Is this charged only the first time the bottle is opened? YES

If I do not finish my bottle, do they store it for me, or do I bring it back to my room after dinner, and then back to the table the following night? They will store it for you.

I enjoy a glass or two of white zin with my meals, and I would rather bring my own bottle and pay a corkage fee of $10 per bottle rather than paying the average price of $6 per glass You can buy a wine package at the beginning of the cruise. A few different groups...we got the cheapest of $120 for 5 bottles. You;ll get 5 tickets and just give them one whenver you want a bottle. There is enough to select from and they do have white zin.

We've sat at many tables when people bring their own bottles and I've asked them all.

Not one has ever been charged for corkage they've said, or admits it if they have. And that includes those who allow Carnival to keep it in between meals.

Personally we do as Mack suggests and bring one glass each per dinner. (And it ALMOST lasts the whole cruise. Blame the huge glasses in the cabins. :) )

Generally they will not charge for corkage unless the MD makes them.

We bring a box and any day we want wine for dinner bring a large glass with us. Ask room steward to please make sure we have at least 4 wine glasses in our cabin at any time and never a problem.

Archived