Electric sockets on Indy

Morning all,

am I right in thinking electric sockets in the cabins on Indy (from Southampton) are the American type and that I need to take UK to US power adaptors as I did on Freedom?

Thanks! :)

Morning all,

am I right in thinking electric sockets in the cabins on Indy (from Southampton) are the American type and that I need to take UK to US power adaptors as I did on Freedom?

Thanks! :)

With both 110vac and 220vac EU outlets adjacent, you only need adapter plugs for either.

Since you are UK, and maybe dont have other options, you will need an adaptor to convert the supplied 220vac EU round outlet socket to the UK big wide flat prong 230vac outlet.

If your chargers etc work over the broader range on 110-230/40 vac, you can use adapters for either outlet.

P

Thank you - so I think I probably do need US (round 2 pin) to Uk adapters then?

Thanks!

If only taking one, and since your appliances already work on UK's 230vac, you would be best to take the EU (round) to UK adaptor..

(It's the USA that use two flat pins, and if required, a round earth pin)

P

Take a UK to Euro adapter - they are much easier to find in the UK than UK to US.

Also, bear in mind that not all electric items are dual voltage and for the US socket you would need a voltage converter.

When I was in UK, I used to take a UK multi plug extension lead

140.jpg

giving me several UK sockets. You then have one UK to Europe converter to plug this in.

Sometimes the cruise line will not allow a multi-point but I have found they are ok with it if it is new and still in its wrapper.

Take a UK to Euro adapter - they are much easier to find in the UK than UK to US.

Also, bear in mind that not all electric items are dual voltage and for the US socket you would need a voltage converter.

When I was in UK, I used to take a UK multi plug extension lead

140.jpg

giving me several UK sockets. You then have one UK to Europe converter to plug this in.

Sometimes the cruise line will not allow a multi-point but I have found they are ok with it if it is new and still in its wrapper.

Thanks everyone! :)

Archived