Adelaide River Queen Cruises

need2travel

We're considering this excursion for our day in Darwin. Do you recommend them, or possibly another "jumping croc" company? Also, what would be the best way to get there from the port in Darwin?

Thank you. :)

In the main street of Darwin, where you will see some pubs with outdoor sitting areas, there are quite a few places that cater for these tours at reasonable prices. The Adelaide River is nice, and the tour unforgettable, but you are not quite into Kakadu. The main street is an easy walk from the wharf up a slight hill. Darwin is quite small and easy to drive around too.

Jen

I went out to Adelaide River with my sister who is a wildlife 'nut'. I went with an "ho hum" attitude and was absolutley enthralled by the experience. The crocs were the giants of the river and getting so close to these enormous animals was amazing. I could not help thinking about what a streamline killing machine crocs were and how ancient they were. I would recommend the Adelaide River Jumping Croc tours.

We went to Adelaide river as part of a private limo tour. The tour was personalised to inclued what we wanted to do so we had a look around Darwin city and then went out to Adelaide River after lunch at the Humpty Doo Pub. We went on the river then we went to the Windows on the Wetlands Exhibition and on to the Fogg Dam lookout. It was a great day. There were four of us and the cost was less than the ship's tour.

If you decide to hire a car and do the trip yourself contact www.tourismtopend.com.au and they will send you a map and other information to help with planning. You can also find tour providers on this site.

Have a great time in Darwin. :)

We went on the double decker boat but stayed on the bottom deck. Because we were the only passengers who stayed down stairs we were invited out onto the open back deck where the staff were and we got very close to the crocs. The photos we got of the jumping crocs are amazing some with the whole crocodile. I really think the lower deck would give the best photo ops.

Archived