Bus from Bayside to South Beach?

GetMeToABeach

I have read that you can take a public bus from somewhere around Bayside Marketplace to South Beach. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and are thinking of going over to South Beach for several hours. (It's a Sunday if that matters.) I've read the taxi fare would be around $20-$25 one way and since we would need two taxis- YIKES! How easy is it to take the bus and how long does it take? I'm thinking that even if we take the bus there, we could always take a taxi back if we are too hot and tired to bother with the bus, but that would at least cut our costs in half. Thanks!

I have read that you can take a public bus from somewhere around Bayside Marketplace to South Beach. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and are thinking of going over to South Beach for several hours. (It's a Sunday if that matters.) I've read the taxi fare would be around $20-$25 one way and since we would need two taxis- YIKES! How easy is it to take the bus and how long does it take? I'm thinking that even if we take the bus there, we could always take a taxi back if we are too hot and tired to bother with the bus, but that would at least cut our costs in half. Thanks!

I stayed at the Best Western on Biscayne Bay in November and took the bus over to South Beach. I'm not sure how close my hotel was to Bayside but taking the bus was relatively easy. For me, it took about 20 mins. You need exact change and on Sundays I think the buses run every hour. Your hotel conciege should be able to tell you where to catch the bus. The bus was crowded though and there are lots of stops. Just make sure if you decide to take the bus back that you get the bus #. There are lots of buses in South Beach and it would be easy to take the wrong bus.

There are three really good options that pass through your hotel area and Bayside to get you to South Beach. Bus routes 120, C, and S are your choices. On Sundays the buses run every 30 minutes.

Buses 120 and C will put you closest to the beach (about 2 blocks away on Washington Ave which runs parallel to the beach). Get off somewhere at 9th or 13th and head east toward the beach. Route S will drop you off about 10 blocks away and you'll have to walk across Miami Beach (city) to get to Miami Beach (beach).

Route 120 passes one block behind your hotel on NE 2nd Avenue where as Route C and Route S run down Biscayne Blvd.

Fares are $2 each way.

Here is some additional information and schedules to help you get around.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus.asp

MAP HERE

Archived