Renaissance Ft Lauderdale questions

familyofd

I have this booked for Sept, I have read some recent reviews on other sites, that people are arriving with rooms not ready,I am debating if I will book another hotel as we

have early flight in, anyone recently stayed here with problems?

Im also confused , so there is breakfast there but its in the restaurant,and you have to pay for it? how about can you get coffee in the hotel or they just don't have it? is there somewhere close to buy it?

Thank You

I have this booked for Sept, I have read some recent reviews on other sites, that people are arriving with rooms not ready,I am debating if I will book another hotel as we

have early flight in, anyone recently stayed here with problems?

Im also confused , so there is breakfast there but its in the restaurant,and you have to pay for it? how about can you get coffee in the hotel or they just don't have it? is there somewhere close to buy it?

Thank You

I think that you will find that most hoteld advertise checkin starts at 3 PM and the Ren is no different. Sometimes you can get in earlier but since checkout is noon they have to have time to clean the room.

There is coffee in the rooms.

There is no free breakfast but there is a restaurant on site that serve a good breakfast.

TRhere is a Starbucks nearby also.

Most hotels will hold your luggage for you in a secure room and call your cell when your room is ready. If you are staying at the one on 17th. St. there are plenty of other places to grab a bite or pick up some supplies while you wait for your room. If you are very early, you can grab the Sun Trolly to the beach to kill some time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dave

If we want to be SURE we have a room after an early arrival (such as after a looooong International flight or we want a head start of local touring after disembarking in a foreign port) I just book the hotel for the night before too. We don't want to tour with DH's meds or our valuables/electronics. These are things we're not going to leave with the front desk. Yes, it costs a bit more, but in the scheme of things it is a drop in the bucket and adds to our convenience. I've seen hotel check-in times as late as 4 p.m..

We have stayed at the hotel several times over the past few years and rather like it. The breakfast is pretty extensive including an omelette to order section...the cost is about $13 pp. Starbucks and Einstein Bros Bagels are within 2 blocks. There are to diner houses across the parking lot, Bravos which is great and the Bimini Boat Yard which is pretty average. They offer a shuttle to the pier for about $8 pp but a cab is little more than $10.

Thanks for the reply's, that cleared up my coffee and breakfast problems. Ill just cross my fingers that we might get in room early, last year Springhill let us in at 9am,

although we arent arriving quite that early this time.

Call the hotel directly (not the 800#) and explain to them that you are arriving early, etc. and perhaps they'll be able to note that in your reservation. All they can do is say no, never hurts to ask.

I've stayed there before and found them to be very accomodating. :)

Call the hotel directly (not the 800#) and explain to them that you are arriving early, etc. and perhaps they'll be able to note that in your reservation. All they can do is say no, never hurts to ask.

We were there in February and I'm trying to get it booked on Priceline for next February.

Great place, but you'll probably have to wait for a room. Call like another person suggested and ask, they just might say yes.

As far as coffee, they had two very large pots right between the elevators in the morning as well as a coffee pot in your room.

Enjoy your stay, very nice place.

We did have the experience at the Renaissance in January that we were just overnighting between cruises, where we came away from the pier at 0930 and were in our room by 1000. In our case we had reserved a h/c room and obviously it had not been sold the night before.:)

Archived