Life Boat Drill-no preserver needed?

Leaving on our 12th cruise Aug 7th 11 on the Pride and was wondering if the rules have changed with the boat drill?

Reason I ask is went on RCCL Exployer in June and taking the preservers from the cabin was not a requirement. This is great if this is the standard---

nope. no longer needed until the next at sea disaster.

our family now performs our own escape route exercise, counting doors down the hall to our escape route, and such. been on two cruises with silly incidents, and the chaos was just that. we know that no one will be concerned with ourselves personally except us.

Leaving on our 12th cruise Aug 7th 11 on the Pride and was wondering if the rules have changed with the boat drill?

Reason I ask is went on RCCL Exployer in June and taking the preservers from the cabin was not a requirement. This is great if this is the standard---

About 18 months ago Carnival changed from a boat drill to what they now call a 'safety briefing.' The proper way to don a lifejacket is demonstrated and general instructions are offered regarding life boat stations should an evacuation of the ship be necessary.

You no longer have to tote the life jacket back and forth from your cabin which is wonderful because it makes it FAR easier to participate in the fun of sail away without having to contend with an orange albatross...

:)

I sort of miss dragging the life jacket around.:p On one cruise, I brought my own whistle to blow at the muster drill. Yes, it did encourage others to blow the whistle attached to their life jacket.:eek:

Doc

We didn't have to bring them on our Dream cruise last year. Princess doesn't require you to have them either.:D

Plus Mach how many people actually blew those whistles....yuck

Isn't that disgusting? I could see myself bobbing about in the sea awaiting rescue and trying to decide if I dared blow the whistle...

:rolleyes:

that reminds me of couple years back when they changed the rule requiring the life jacket at the muster drill. Being a frequent cruiser I didn't pay much attention to the anouncment and left my cabin at the last minute and wearing

that reminds me of couple years back when they changed the rule requiring the life jacket at the muster drill. Being a frequent cruiser I didn't pay much attention to the anouncment and left my cabin at the last minute and wearing
(how did that happen) anyway, Everone was staring at me as I was the only one wearing a preserver. I laughed it off on the outside but I was dying on the inside from embarrasment.

Am I the only one who thinks that although it might not be fun, there would sure to be a lot of people who would have no idea where there life jacket is located if the ship was sinking. I know sounds stupid, but we all know some people think there is a microwave in their room.

Archived