Barcelona Drinks Prices

We're staying in Barcelona for 2 nights before our cruise on the NCL Epic in October. Just wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much drinks cost around Barcelona these days? It's been a good few years since I've been to Spain now and now sure what the average € is for say beer, cocktails, wine, etc. these days.

As far as I know you'll pay a premium for drinking on Las Ramblas but I'm wondering more about the surrounding area?

• 1 month later...

hello there...it all depends where you are.

You can be on Ramblas and have a glass of wine for 1 euro and also have a beer in the center of las ramblas for 10 euro...you simply have to check around and better yet, get off the beaten path.

I particularly appreciate the prices for a good cappuccino that cannot be found in the American cities of my preference .... (Miami Beach etc...) and have always enjoyed a small glass of red wine at La Cerveceria on Las Ramblas with the overpriced tapas...

Enjoying a drink in the middle of Ramblas , though pricey, can be enjoyable...its an experience I wont repeat, but will always remember!

My Wife and I are primarily Beer and Wine drinkers, especially in Europe where spirits tend to be much more expensive.

I cannot remember exactly the prices, but it seems to me that a draft beer (large) would run about 4-5 E, with a small about 3. We didn't buy wine by the bottle, but it seems the wine may have be about the same.

I found these comments on the Internet:

Having recently travelled to Spain and visiting Barcelona, here are my remarks on local beer prices.

In the tapas and restaurants of the main tourist attention street, La Rambla (Barcelona) the beer prices are high – 0,5 l cost almost 5 euros and 1 liter is a little below 10 euros.

Smaller beers cost 2,5 – 4 euros.

Btw. large 1 liter beers should be considered an exception in Spanish pubs (they call their pubs tapas). Very tiny beer bottles (0,25 l) are much more common. So, better order two at once!

Sep 06, 2010, 8:03 AM

Hi, ok - usual, normal daytime bar prices, expect to pay:

1,30€ and 1,70€ for a bottle of beer and you'll find a few local bars selling 'anti-crisis' beers at just 1€ (Moritz & San Miguel )

1,40€ to 1,90€ for stronger beers like Voll Damm.

You'll be able to buy a quinto (20cl) bottle of Estrella for between 1 - 1,20€.

Ordinary red wine in a bar, expect to pay between 1€ and 1,60€

Cava, between 1,40€ and 1,90€

Draft beers - From 1€ for a pequinita up to 3,50€ for a pinta or jarra.

Passeig de Gràcia: multipy by two-thirds.

Hope that's useful.

Archived