Niew Amsterdam cabin SB 7132

flashopper

I am trying to compare SS 7080 to this aft facing SB class cabin. I guess I am wondering if the $1500 extra for going to SB is worth it. This is only my second cruise and it is our 30th anniversary. I like th idea of the Concierge, Neptune Lounge and all the other amenities but the price for 7 days is a bit daunting. I guess I just need advice.

That is a lot of money for a 7 day cruise. The thing to know is that you are not close to the Neptune Lounge if you are in an aft suite. We had an aft SC on our first Holland America cruise, and I don't think we ever used the Neptune Lounge.

The other perk that comes with the full suite is free laundry. Once again, I don't think that is an issue on a 7 day.

Hardly worth $1500 extra to me because I don't think you'll get much use out of the major perks.

I am trying to compare SS 7080 to this aft facing SB class cabin. I guess I am wondering if the $1500 extra for going to SB is worth it. This is only my second cruise and it is our 30th anniversary. I like th idea of the Concierge, Neptune Lounge and all the other amenities but the price for 7 days is a bit daunting. I guess I just need advice.

If this is the cabin I think it is, it has a wraparound deck (along the port side) as well as a large deck out the back looking out at the gorgeous wake.. As you can tell I am partial to aft facing cabins. This is a full suite with all the wonderful amenities that go with that like the Neptune lounge with concierge service as well as free laundry and dry cleaning throughout the cruise, champagne upon embarkation just to name a few. We are in this same cabin on the Oosterdam next month on a cruise to Alaska. We have been in this cabin before. It is a bit smaller in square feet than the SA but the aft and larger balcony than the sides makes up for it. Great choice for celebrating an anniversary..:)

Photos of SS 7079 (exact same as SS 7080) on Nieuw Amsterdam are here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Photos from the Eurodam's SB 7132 it is the same as Nieuw Amsterdam SB 7132 for which I do not have photos of. The difference in newer furniture on Nieuw Amsterdam) Here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-7.html

My opinion is SUITE all the way:) I love the Aft Wrap Arounds the best, they are my Penthouse and the Suite Amenities that come with the Suites is SOOOOOOOOO Worth it to me:)

Joanie

You all have given me so much great information and insights. By this time tomorrw we will be booked one way or another for Novermber 2011. And, I will get to put one of those really cool countdown clocks and start looking for other people who will be on this cruise. I have already decided that we are doing the renewal of vows on this trip. If there are any other MUST DO things let me know. We have only ben on one other cruise and that was the NCL Sun 1/29/2011 to the Bahamas and it rained the whole time.

Thank you all and Happy sailing!:D

• 5 years later...

Photos of SS 7079 (exact same as SS 7080) on Nieuw Amsterdam are here: http://**********2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Photos from the Eurodam's SB 7132 it is the same as Nieuw Amsterdam SB 7132 for which I do not have photos of. The difference in newer furniture on Nieuw Amsterdam) Here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-7.html

My opinion is SUITE all the way:) I love the Aft Wrap Arounds the best, they are my Penthouse and the Suite Amenities that come with the Suites is SOOOOOOOOO Worth it to me:)

Joanie

Have these photos been relocated?

The SB aft-wrap verandas are tremendous with the 270 degree view. We both enjoy the Neptune Lounge. It's a bit of a walk, but that helps rationalize enjoying all the great food. The location is great for pool access, but you didn't mention your destination or time of year. We'll be in this same cabin on sister ship Eurodam in 7 weeks, making 4 in a row in this cabin type, though on deck 5 aboard Vista class ships so as to take advantage of the aircraft hanger sized verandas. I must warn you that you're not making this decision for just this cruise. You'll be spoiled.

The SB aft-wrap verandas are tremendous with the 270 degree view. We both enjoy the Neptune Lounge. It's a bit of a walk, but that helps rationalize enjoying all the great food. The location is great for pool access, but you didn't mention your destination or time of year. We'll be in this same cabin on sister ship Eurodam in 7 weeks, making 4 in a row in this cabin type, though on deck 5 aboard Vista class ships so as to take advantage of the aircraft hanger sized verandas. I must warn you that you're not making this decision for just this cruise. You'll be spoiled.
Do you realize that you are answering a 5 year old post?

• 1 year later...