Beverage Package - wine selection

maidncruze

We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice out of Barcelona next Friday. I am curious if in the past anyone has purchased the beverage package? More specifically the wine selection. Included in the premium beverage package is wine by the glass. I am curious if they have a decent selection of wines to choose from or is it limited to just a couple of wines.

I called Celebrity and they really couldn't give me an answer.

Thanks.

I have copies of some wine lists from our Eclipse cruise last March which should be similar. The lists include a page of wines by the glass and there are menus from the maind dinign room as well as two of the specialty restuarants and a bar menu - the links are at the bottom of this page of links:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/cruiselinks.htm

It is subjective as to whether the list is "decent' or not. Some find the list of wines by the glass great. Personally, we find the list very small and limited in relation to the much larger list of wines by the glass, but that is our own personal view and others should be guided by their own view of the selection.

Also, some cruisers have reported that their dining room sommelier offered different options and/or was able to supply wines not on the main dining room list if they were available by the glass elsewhere on the ship. Others reported that similar requests were denied.

If you are unsure I recommend waiting until you've been on the ship for a day and then decide if you want to purchase a beverage package for the remainder of the cruise (they will prorate the price) if it looks like it would be advantageous to you.

We did the Premium Beverage Package on Eclipse this past February. It was great. We love wine and we alerted the sommolier the first evening that we would count on him for advice and wine pairings during dinner. He did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend then package. We got to try some nice (pricey) wines that we ordinarily wouldn't have if we had to pay for each individual glass.

Archived