Norwegian Sky or RCCL Majesty of the Seas

Lambface

Help! I'm a pretty seasoned cruiser but I'm doing a quick cruise (3 night) out of Miami to the Bahamas. Traveling with elderly parents. Which boat should we reserve the Norwegian Sky or the RCCL Maesty of the Seas. Which has the better food? Which is the prettier boat? Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated.

Help! I'm a pretty seasoned cruiser but I'm doing a quick cruise (3 night) out of Miami to the Bahamas. Traveling with elderly parents. Which boat should we reserve the Norwegian Sky or the RCCL Maesty of the Seas. Which has the better food? Which is the prettier boat? Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated.

I've been on both and I'd have to say Sky was easier to maneuver than Majesty. Food was good on both but to me the updates on the Sky were more obvious than Majesty. I personally like the Freestyle experience much better than traditional dining that Royal Caribbean has so my decision would be the Sky.

I am partial I will admit, but I have been on both and I would take the Sky anyday, if for no other reason than cabin size. We all know you don't spend much time in your cabin, but the Majesty cabins are so small you literally can barely turn around.

Nita

I've been on both .... the cabins on the Majesty are small ... food in main dining room is much better on Majesty and Sky ... if you're doing the specialty restaurants, then it won't matter. Also, if you're getting a hanicapped room, it won't matter as they are twice the size of a regular room. It's really comparing oranges to oranges ... they are very similar. Royal's private island is nicer than NCL's, IMO.

I've been on both .... the cabins on the Majesty are small ... food in main dining room is much better on Majesty and Sky ... if you're doing the specialty restaurants, then it won't matter. Also, if you're getting a hanicapped room, it won't matter as they are twice the size of a regular room. It's really comparing oranges to oranges ... they are very similar. Royal's private island is nicer than NCL's, IMO.

Almost forgot about the odd room - we had the inside cabin and the beds are really set up for a couple. When they separated ours they were in odd places since the end table didn't move on one side. Really really odd spacing and a lot of wasted space in what was already a tiny cabin. It also had a 1980's feel - Sky has been updated to a more modern feel in my opinion.

I agree about the nicer private island though I'm excited to see NCL's refurbishment of Great Stirrup Cay to complete :)

Archived