Switching Rooms, including Sign & Sail

thechandlers99

Please forgive me, I'm sure this has been asked before. I just haven't been able to find my exact question when searching.

DH and I are both past passengers on Carnival and we are crusing in December with my dad and stepmother who are not. To get the past passenger rate for both cabins, we booked my dad and I in one cabin and DH and my stepmom in the other. Obviously we want to switch people around when we get on the ship, including the Sign and Sail cards. Is it going to be a problem to make the switch and then put DH and I on one SS account and dad and stepmom on a seperate SS?

Thanks!

Please forgive me, I'm sure this has been asked before. I just haven't been able to find my exact question when searching.

DH and I are both past passengers on Carnival and we are crusing in December with my dad and stepmother who are not. To get the past passenger rate for both cabins, we booked my dad and I in one cabin and DH and my stepmom in the other. Obviously we want to switch people around when we get on the ship, including the Sign and Sail cards. Is it going to be a problem to make the switch and then put DH and I on one SS account and dad and stepmom on a seperate SS?

Thanks!

No, it won't be a problem. Here's what you do: When you go to board the ship, register exactly as you booked. Then all of you head to the purser's desk and make the switch there, both on your accounts and with your keys. It'll take a few extra minutes but won't be a problem at all.

Have a great cruise.

We do that when booking additional cabins at the Interline rate. I book myself and a friend in one cabin, my husband books himself and the other friend into the other cabin, and we switch cabins via Guest Services as soon as we board. No need to get additional S&S cards!

You can also do as you are boarding. If you are at a Port that has a kiosk, just ask for the special needs desk. They will take the time to make all of the proper switches BEFORE you actually step foot on the ship. It's especially good if you are at the port before passengers begin boarding. That way it's all taken care of

We are just off of the Miracle and did the same thing. The check in person told us to go to Guest Services. All people do need to be present to complete the transaction but it only took a few minutes and everyone was switched around. I would do it again if I have to, it was absolutely no problem.

Karen

I notice that only one person said you can do this at the port before you board versus at Guest Services after you board. I'll be doing this in November and would like to hear from others who have done this at the port. Is it easy enough to do then instead of waiting?

I know you're also asking about sail and sign accounts - these are set up before you board. If your two rooms are linked you SHOULD be able to set up two people in different rooms on the same account right from the get to. We did this when sailing with my parents. DH with DF, Me with DM. On sail and sign we set up me and DH on one credit card, and DF and DM on another.

There is some option while setting up your accounts that allows you to choose "guest in another stateroom". Then when you board, all you will be doing is changing room keys, and not worrying about all the sail and sign account stuff.

Archived