BIRG vs BTI

nsync

Hi! I am staying in Rome for 3 extra days after my cruise. I was going to buy a BIRG ticket to get from the port in Civitavecchia to Rome, but then I noticed that a BTI ticket was only two more euros for 2 extra days. Does anyone know if the only difference is the number of days that I can use the ticket? Will I still be able to use all of the same modes of transportation? Thank you.

You're mixing apples and oranges, sort of.

The BIRG is a regional ticket while the BTI is a city of Rome ticket.

If you will be staying in Rome, you don't need to pay for a regional ticket other than for your trip there from Civitavecchia.

Therefore, for day one, your travel day, you can either purchase a 5-zone BIRG for 9 Euro, or purchase a one way train ticket for 4,10 Euro and a one day Rome BIG for 4 Euro. For days two and three you can purchase two more BIG tickets for a total of 16,10.

Alternatively, you could go with the regional train ticket and the three day BTI (11 Euro) for a total of 15,10.

Please know that none of these tickets are good for travel to the airport, it is specifically restricted from any of the regional travel passes.

You can read about the various tickets on the ATAC web site here: http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?p=14

Archived